It was back in February that Animal Super Squad sent us Xbox One players on a physics based adventure, taking in some manic worlds and attempting to get from one point to the other, all in the fastest way possible. It wasn’t bad either, with our full review loving the uniquely mad style and fun physics, with the repetitive nature of things just letting the side down. Now though it’s time for Digerati to drop a mega patch to Animal Super Squad on Xbox One, adding in a new game mode, a couple of new vehicles, a host of editing tools and more than a few tweaks to the overall experience.
This mega patch brings even more excellent content to DoubleMoose’s physics-based adventure, building on the community driven editing side of things, ensuring more vehicles than before are present and ready for action, and giving even more reason to speed through a world full of dangers and bananas as your favourite animal.
The full patch notes for Animal Super Squad on Xbox One run as follows:
Added a new Game Mode – Score Mode!
- Community levels can now have two different game modes, timed and scored!
- Timed community levels work just like normal – just play through the level as fast as possible to get the best time!
- Scored community levels feature a score to determine how well you have performed. The person with the most score becomes the leader of the high score! We’re anxious to see what our community will manage to break with this new cool component
- New Object: Text Object, write text in the game! Don’t write anything offensive though, because that’s rude
- New Component: Score Component, use this to set the score for the score game mode! If you think it’s confusing… don’t worry, we do too!
Added two new vehicles: Badkar and Plane!
- Badkar is a vehicle with no wheels, but instead hovers over the ground! Use the boost to jump and get past dangerous traps!
- Plane is a… plane. You can fly with it! But beware – if the propeller breaks, you just end up with a below average vehicle
Updated old vehicles to work a bit better
- All vehicles have in general updated wheel settings and mesh settings to function better and to be more stable
- Pogostick now has updated controls, except for leaning with it you can now also use the boost to retract the pogostick in order to give you a less than satisfying jump!
- A.S.S.R now boosts on throttle and generally works a bit better, it’s still pretty bad though
- Removed a mine from the level ‘Kristaller’, which caused issues on certain platforms
- Added more shipped community levels for those who don’t have access to online
Will these patch details be enough to see you mosey on back to Animal Super Squad on Xbox One? We think it’s more than worth a little look at the £7.99 price the Xbox Store is giving the goods up for! Let us know what you think though – the comments section is down below.