Ascend to Godhood as Polygod is announced for Xbox One, PC and Switch
Do you like minimalist but stylish rogue like shooters? You’ll love Polygod!
Announced today for an Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC release in early 2018, Polygod is just that – a minimalist, rogue-like, randomly generated, first person shooter which features a brutal difficulty curve, epic boss fights and arena-shooter style online multiplayer/co-op.
It will arrive for just £16.19 / $14.99 / €16.59 too, testing your skills to the max and pushing even the most refined FPS guru’s to the limit.
“POLYGOD has been designed for hardcore gamers who love challenging game experiences like Binding of Isaac, Dark Souls and Cuphead,” commented Dominic Obojkovits, co-founder, Lead Designer & Programmer at Krafted Games. “With a different gameplay experience every time, the randomly generated levels will challenge even the most hardcore of the hardcore! We’ve implemented an unexpectedly deep level of weapon customisation and progression within the gameplay and believe gamers will find elements to keep them coming back for just one more run, over and over again!”
POLYGOD features include:
- Infinite level possibilities – maps are randomly generated and seeded providing a tonne of replayability, but then shareable among friends in order to encourage competition with full leaderboard support
- Brutal Difficulty curve – Only the most skilled gamers will ascend to Godhood…
- Online co-op and versus multiplayer – Allows for competitive fun to be had among friends featuring daily leaderboards
- Skill based gameplay – Built upon a principle that if one lacks skill, it can be substituted for strategy and vice versa. Eg. unskilled strategic players will be just as good as skillful nonstrategic players.
- Unique ‘Blessings’ based weapon customisation system – Combine and stack ‘blessings’ to create hundreds of thousands of unique weapons, blessings combine to give a high level of depth. Deep understanding is required to fully utilise the blessing system which in turn gives a high replay value
- Classic FPS controls – POLYGOD’s controls are reminiscent of Quake 3 and the original Doom, bringing a classic gameplay vibe back having been absent since the 90’s!
- Super fast paced and addictive – requires hundreds of hours to master, a speed-runner/hardcore gamer’s dream
We’ll make sure we bring you more as and when we can. Looks good though eh?