Are you ready to fight? Asterix & Obelix XXL2 is being remastered!
Coming to Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and PC on 29th November 2018, the XXL saga will return with all new features and a couple of special editions.
Asterix & Obelix XXL2 will see you setting off on an adventure to Las Vegum, with Asterix, Obelix and their faithful companion, Dogmatix, all starring.
You will be left to freely switch between the two Gauls to make the most of their characteristics and with Asterix using the magic potion to help him overcome the Roman hordes, making his way through the smallest spaces with ease, and Obelix utilising incredible strength to destroy seemingly impassable obstacles, switching is something you’ll want to embrace.
Come November, Asterix & Obelix XXL2 will be released in 2 special editions:
- A limited edition which will include the game and 3 figurines: Asterix, Obelix and Dogmatix
- A collector edition, ideal for the whole family, which will contain the game, an exclusive Asterix figurine made of resin (15cm), an exclusive T-shirt (child size) and two lithographs
No matter which of those you choose though, features of this super special remastered version include:
- New textures and models for all characters and enemies
- New textures and lighting for environments.
- A new store system that changes and adds upgrades compared with the original game. These stores are located in the six game environments and allow players to increase their skills thanks to new techniques, combos and Furies. This system is similar to a conventional skills tree.
- Cosmic Strike and Pantry: two new skills to help overcome enemies.
- Health bar upgrade: the health bar can be upgraded as the player progresses through the game in order to reach a higher maximum health level.
- Addition of three difficulty levels: easy, normal and hard.
A new addition to the remastered version: challenges!
- Challenges are bonus missions focused on fighting. The aim is to beat as many Romans as possible within a given time.
- There are two challenges in each of the six game environments, making 12 in total.
- The bronze rank is easily accessible and is a good way to earn money but reaching the Gold rank is a real challenge.
A new collectibles system:
- Postcards are now hidden in the levels, collecting all of them requires to fully explore the game.
- Figurines, now in 3D, can be unlocked in the shop.
- A new Fast Travel system: once you unlocked a level, you can easily go back thanks to fast travel and find the missing collectibles!
Will you be taking the fight to the armies of Roman legionaries with Asterix & Obelix XXL2 on November 29th? With both a digital version and two physical versions available, you’ll have little reason not to!