It’s a game that was written by an industry veteran with GTA Vice City, Alan Wake and Resident Evil 7 behind him, and it’s scoped a whole ton of awards. Now though 1979 Revolution: Black Friday is heading to Xbox One and PS4. Want some more details?
Due to arrive in spring 2018, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday is a BAFTA nominated story driven adventure from the minds of iNK Stories. Written and directed by Navid Khonsari, a game development veteran who has worked on a lengthy list of best-sellers, including GTA: Vice City, Alan Wake and Resident Evil 7, Black Friday will immerse you in the real world events surrounding the Iranian uprising.
1979 Revolution: Black Friday has received widespread acclaim for the gripping narrative and accurate portrayal of a pivotal moment in the history of the Middle East.
Key features include:
- Critical Choices: The choices you make will shape your experience in the revolution, and the fates of those around you – both in the present and the future.
- Cinematic Experience: Branching cinematic story told through motion captured animation and voice over performances. Discover the rarely seen world of Tehran in the 1970s, through a striking visual style.
- Exploration: Explore the world of the collapsing city under martial law: covert headquarters, rioting protests, bustling city streets and more.
- Photography: Take photos of the period accurate in-game world and compare them to the original archival photos captured by celebrated photojournalists.
- Unique Gameplay: Including urban triage, interactive action scenes and photo processing.
- Key Collectables: Discover and unlock more than 80+ unique stories that color and enhance your experience of the Iranian Revolution, including primary sources such as archival videos, home movies, graffiti, photographs and more.
- Based on True Events: Based on real first-hand testimonies of freedom fighters, witnesses and casualties of the revolution which helped define the 21st century, as well as those who were imprisoned in Iran’s notorious Evin Prison.
About the game
Based on true stories and historical events, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday is an interactive drama about choice and consequence, chaos and order. The year is 1978, the place is Tehran, Iran. You play as Reza Shirazi, a young photojournalist who returns home to find his people protesting the ruling King, the Shah. Armed with your camera, you capture the emotionally-charged stories and events unfolding on the streets and in the shadows. As you’re pulled deeper into the dangerous world of civil unrest and revolution, the fate of those around you becomes intrinsically linked to the decisions you make and the path you choose to follow.
You can check out the console announcement trailer for 1979 Revolution: Black Friday right below. As soon as that confirmed release date is known, we’ll bring you it.