Excited for Borderlands 3 and just need to get back into the swing of things? 2K and Gearbox Software have got you sorted with the launch of the fifth DLC pack for Borderlands 2, springing the surprise on us during E3. Are you ready to discover what Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary has to offer?
Available to download totally free of charge until the 8th July 2019 – at which point, you’ll find an £11.99 asking price accompanying it – Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary will give you the chance to head back into the stunning Borderlands 2 as it sets the stage for the launch of Borderlands 3 come the 13th September.
The wilds of Pandora will once again by yours to explore as Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary takes place just after the main narrative of Borderlands 2 as we see Sanctuary under siege, the Vault Map stolen and a toxic game fast poisoning Pandora.
As you may expect from a decently sized piece of Borderlands 2 content, the Fight for Sanctuary will give you the chance to pop into the shoes of a Vault Hunter once more, before fighting alongside your allies in the quest for glory. With new top tier loot, super rare new firearms and equipment, previously unexplored locales, additional head and skin customisation opportunities for six Vault Hunters and more skins for a couple of vehicles, plus the chance to veterans of the game to move on up to a level 80 cap and two new Overpowered Levels, as a free download, Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary is a bit of a no-brainer.
To get involved with Commander Lilith & The Fight for Sanctuary you’ll obviously need a copy of Borderlands 2 to hand first, but with it available in the Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on Xbox One and PS4, or as a standalone copy on Steam, that’s a simple enough process. Just head over to your local store – the Xbox Store for example – and get the freebies moving.
To access the new campaign content once the DLC is installed, you will need to visit the new “Fight for Sanctuary” location, which you can reach via any of the in-game Fast Travel stations. You should note though that 2K and Gearbox recommend that your Vault Hunter is at least level 30, whilst to avoid spoilers you should have completed the main campaign first. New players and returning players who want to jump straight into Commander Lilith can instantly create a new level 30 Vault Hunter at the Select Character screen. This character will already have completed all but the final main mission of Borderlands 2 and will automatically start at the beginning of the new content.
- STORY CONTENT: The villainous Hector and his New Pandora Army want the Vault Map for their own ends, so they’re purging the planet using an insidious toxic gas that turns all those affected into mindless plant zombies. Fight alongside your favorite allies (plus a few new friends) across story missions and side quests alike.
- TOP LOOT TIER: Legendary weapons are lovely and all, but now there’s an even rarer and more powerful tier in town: Effervescent. This tier features high stats, special effects, and some entrancing rainbow textures.
- WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT: With a new top loot tier comes new top loot, including super rare named firearms like a shotgun that fires…well, let’s just say there are ponies and rainbows and explosions.
- ENEMIES AND BOSSES: The toxic gas seems to be doing strange things to Pandora’s bandit and beast populations, mutating them into deadly “Infected” forms. Expect exploding plant monsters, ferocious boss battles, and an all new Raid Boss!
- AREAS: Shoot and loot your way through previously unexplored Pandoran locales, including the wreckage of a familiar space station and at least one forbidden research lab.
- CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS: Each of the six Borderlands 2 Vault Hunters gets a new head and skin, while the two vehicle types receive three new skins apiece. Stylin’!
- LEVEL CAP: Veteran players can pursue the new level cap of 80 (up from 72), and super hardcore fans can challenge themselves to achieve the two new Overpowered Levels, accessible via Digistruct Peak.
So, what are you waiting for? Commander Lilith is waiting! And as you’re playing through this latest content, you should also check out our recent ‘5 of the best Borderlands NPCs‘ article.
Return to the award-winning shooter-looter for an all-new adventure that sets the stage for the upcoming Borderlands 3. Sanctuary is under siege, the Vault Map has been stolen, and a toxic gas is poisoning Pandora. Battle new bosses, explore new areas, collect new loot (including an entirely new tier beyond Legendary), and join up with Lilith and the Crimson Raiders to take on a deranged villain hell-bent on ruling the planet. Returning players can pursue an increased level cap of 80, while newcomers can automatically boost to level 30 and dive straight into the action.