Each and every year 2K deliver us not just a standard WWE experience, but the chance to go mad with a super collectable, highly sought after Special Edition. This year is no different and honouring Ric Flair – the 16-time WWE World Champion – comes the WWE 2K19 Wooooo! Edition.
A limited offering of 30,000 copies worldwide will see the Wooooo! Edition come complete with a commemorative plaque with iconic robe sample, vinyl figurine, replica WWE Hall of Fame ring, digital content and more. Created to celebrate the attitude and accomplishments for WWE Hall of Famer, Ric Flair, it’ll be available exclusively on Xbox One and PS4 for £129.99.
Now, whilst we can’t for one minute try and tell you that is a cheap purchase, fans of WWE and Flair himself will no doubt flock to purchase it, especially with all of the following included in the price…
- Copy of WWE 2K19 Deluxe Edition, which includes the following items: Access to WWE 2K19 Season Pass digital content (details announced this summer); Exclusive playable WWE Hall of Famers (’80s-inspired): “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes and Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat; Exclusive playable characters: “Macho Man” Randy Savage (WrestleMania® VIII) and Undertaker (2002); Exclusive playable arena: Starrcade 1983; Exclusive in-game attire: Ric Flair (WrestleMania 24 robe) and Charlotte Flair (WrestleMania 32 robe); Access to WWE 2K19 pre-order bonus digital content (playable Rey Mysterio “Royal Rumble 2018” character and playable Ronda Rousey “WrestleMania 34/‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper-inspired” character); WWE® SuperCard limited edition cards featuring WWE 2K19 cover Superstar AJ Styles, as well as an AJ-themed WWE 2K19 cardback.
- Exclusive premium packaging;
- Exclusive and individually numbered WWE Hall of Fame replica ring;
- Exclusive “Nature Boy”-inspired Funko Pop! figurine;
- Fanatics limited edition commemorative plaque featuring a fabric piece from Ric’s iconic pink or purple robe;
- WWE SuperCard limited edition cards featuring Ric and Charlotte Flair, as well as a Ric-themed WWE 2K19 cardback.
“For all of my fans around the world, it’s exciting and humbling to see my career immortalised through the power of video games,” said Ric Flair. “This is going to be one stylin,’ profilin,’ limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin’ ‘n’ dealin’ son of a collector’s edition, and you don’t want to miss out. Wooooo!”
“Few in life have celebrated the mantra of ‘Never Say Never’ quite like Ric Flair, so it’s an honour to celebrate his legacy through the WWE 2K19 Wooooo! Edition,” said Chris Snyder, Vice President of Marketing at 2K. “This jam-packed collector’s offering of exclusive physical and digital items is the perfect way for fans to showcase their enthusiasm for ‘The Nature Boy’ and his incredible accomplishments.”
What’s more, should you wish to purchase this mega edition then you will also find Early Access coming your way, with you getting in on the game 4 days before official release. That means the 5th October should be a date for your diaries. Those grabbing just the usual Deluxe Edition will also get this early access.
With the standard game arriving on October 9th 2018, if you can’t see your wallet stretching to the £129.99 requested for the Wooooo! Edition, then at least WWE fans around the globe won’t have to wait too long to witness the spectacle that 2K have produced with WWE 2K19.