It was back on April 1st when Funcom cheekily announced the upcoming Conan Chop Chop as an April Fools’ Day joke. But hey, this time round it’s time to put the joking to one side as Conan Chop Chop isn’t just being announced, but it’s also getting a release on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC real soon!
The roguelike hack and slash game Conan Chop Chop is now fast becoming a reality, so fast in fact that it’ll be seeing a launch occurring on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC come September 3rd 2019.
The most realistic stick figure game ever to feature Conan the Barbarian, Conan Chop Chop is set in Hyboria, the world created by fantasy author Robert E. Howard more than 80 years ago, and will run as a 4 player couch co-op hack and slasher.
“Keeping this a secret has been a hardship,” admits Funcom CEO Rui Casais. “The feedback we got from fans when we released the April Fools’ Day trailer was amazing and remarkably unanimous, and so I have been itching to give them the good news ever since.”
“But don’t be fooled by the game’s humoristic and quirky looks. There is a lot of hard work being put into this, and the game should thrill roguelike fans and hack & slash fans alike,” says Casais.
In Conan Chop Chop you will be tasked with thwarting the plans of the evil wizard Thoth-Amon, who plans to resurrect the even eviler wizard Xaltotun. If he succeeds, he will condemn the world to an eternity of darkness and enslavement. Only you can stop him, but in order to do so you must use all your cunning and all of your guile. In fact, you must summon all your courage and swordsmanship and, um, Chop Chop!
Key features include:
- 1-4 players: Conan Chop Chop supports couch co-op.
- Diverse cast to suit your playstyle: Play as Conan, Pallantides, Valeria or Bêlit, all known heroes in the Conan universe.
- Diverse word: Explore the desert of Koth, the enchanted Darkwood, the burning slopes of Hyperborea and the icy world of Vanaheim, each with their own deadly dungeon.
- Lots of loot: Use everything from a broom to a bastard sword to hack your foes to bits.
- Astonishing combos: CCC will feature not only the ability to swing left and right, you will also learn even flashier fighting moves as you progress.
- Ruthless bosses: Now is finally your chance to go up against a giant gorilla in a cape! But beware killer boss moves, such as Lava Reflux, Tail Whip and Loogie Glob.
- Infinite replayability: Randomly generated maps, tons of weapons and abilities ensure that every game will be a whole new experience. The game is superdeadly, but you will get to unlock new weapons for your next playthrough.
So what are you saying? Should Funcom have left Conan Chop Chop as that April Fool, or is there a space in the gaming scene for another Conan title after Conan Exiles on Xbox One? The comments are down below. You may just want to watch the announcement trailer first.