RAGE 2 is looking to be utterly nuts, but it won’t be just the standard gameplay you need worrying about – it’ll be the Cheats included. Today Bethesda have provided even more details regarding the whole Cheats system, confirming that everyone’s favourite Diamond Geezer Danny Dyer will be providing some hardcore voice-over to the on-screen madness.
You may well have thought that the Cheats system in the upcoming RAGE 2 was a bit of an April Fool’s, but it seems that Bethesda don’t deal with fools and will be found including a whole crazy system into the already crazy experience that has been promised.
This will mean that things begin to get real weird, real fast, as a whole host of humour is thrown in from the get-go – or at least when you stumble upon the Wasteland Wizard mutant who is found wandering the RAGE 2 world. See, it is he who will happily provide you with Cheat codes for a price, allowing you to mix up the gameplay as you see fit. Should you wish to have red barrels falling from the sky, you can, whilst ‘Git Gud’ will see all your enemies taken down with a single hit.
“Cheats have been an integral part of games since someone first typed ‘idkfa’ into the original Doom,” says Peter Hastings, Senior Gameplay Programmer. “And we’re proud to be keeping the tradition alive. Plus, they’re just really funny.”
There are a whole host of Cheats included in RAGE 2 but by far the most interesting is that of Diamond Geezer, which sees the unmistakable Danny Dyer providing his dulcet tones to the action. Expect for much in the way of proper naughty language as the colourful host refuses to hold back. If you’re ready and willing, you can take in some of Dyer’s action in the latest RAGE 2 trailer below. Just be prepared for a fair old hit of hardcore language…
Alongside Diamond Geezer, Bethesda have confirmed the following all to be in place, with more coming and going on a rotation basis after launch.
Whatever you initially thought of RAGE 2 – and we’re pretty sure it would be one that is highly anticipated the world over – you can be promised one thing… it’s gonna be an utterly crazy ride with the inclusion of Cheats!
- He’s on Fire: Video game voiceover legend Tim Kitzrow lends his very familiar talents to RAGE 2 with the “He’s on Fire” Cheat. BOOMSHAKALAKA.
- Git Gud: Sweet, sweet instagib. With “Git Gud” every enemy goes down in one hit. It’s not fair to your enemies, but f*** ‘em. You. Are. A. God.
- Son of Thor: Much like the power Olivia Newton John is supplying in the hit film “Grease,” this Cheat is electrifying. When the “Son of Thor” Cheat is activated, the player becomes electric, electrocuting any enemies that get too close.
- Klegg Support: The infamous (and douchey) Klegg Clayton is spawned as a friendly AI companion. We honestly don’t know if this is a reward or a punishment.
- Phoenix Rejector Seat: Now this is just getting ridiculous. As opposed to the Phoenix’s Ejector Seat, which does what it says on the tin and ejects the player from the vehicle, the Rejector Seat leaves the player on the ground and ejects the Phoenix into the air. Like we said, ridiculous.
So, how do you get access to these cheats? Well, every edition of RAGE 2 will include them – just visit the Wasteland Wizard. But the Deluxe Edition of the game will also include three from the start. Pre-ordering the game helps too, automagically giving you access to the ‘He’s on Fire’ Cheat.
RAGE 2 is gearing up to release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC come May 14th 2019. Getting your money in early won’t just see you given access to the ‘He’s on Fire’ Cheat though, as it’ll also drop the exclusive Cult of the Death God mission and don Nicholas Raine’s legendary armor and Settler Pistol for good measure.