Are you ready to fight massive ogres, defend cities and rescue villagers who have been torn from their homes? That’s exactly what you’ll be doing with Extinction.
Announced today by Iron Galaxy and Maximum Games, Extinction will be released on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
Legend calls them the Ravenii, encroaching armies of bloodthirsty monsters that once threatened to destroy humankind. Now though, the threat has returned…and you’ll find out how in the thrilling, fast-paced action game that is Extinction.
You are one of the world’s last sentinels, a soldier named Avil, equipped with the skills to battle the endless wave of Ravenii. As mentioned, you’ll fight massive ogres and their minions across a sprawling countryside, defend cities and rescue native villagers torn from their homes. You’ll need to swiftly define your strategy as hordes attack from the ground and air, whilst using the dynamic skill-based combat system to your advantage, tactically disarming and dismembering enemies before going in for the kill.
“Extinction is 100% power and adrenaline,” said Kraig Kujawa, Game Director at Iron Galaxy. “We’re really happy with the fast, fluid feel of the game and we’re looking forward to showing it behind closed doors at E3!”
“As the protagonist tasked with a huge undertaking – both in fighting enormous ogres and saving humans from disaster – each player’s experience will be varied, as the landscapes and battle situations are never identical,” said Derek Neal, Executive Producer at Maximum Games.
- Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Custom Battles. Create unique battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
If you have interest, make sure you hit up the announcement trailer below. We will of course bring you further details as and when they drop.