It seems like the indie developers at Digerati rarely sleep and hot on the heels of numerous other announcements throughout 2018 comes the news that Fall of Light: Darkest Edition will soon be seeing launch.
Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch later this summer, the action RPG won’t just be hitting home in a digital form, but, thanks to a partnership with Eastasiasoft Limited, those on PS4 will be able to get hold of a limited edition physical version, whilst all editions will include some exclusive console-only content.
After releasing on Steam in 2017, and showcased at the likes of Milan Games Week 2017, the console edition of Fall of Light comes in the console exclusive Darkest Edition featuring all the original content as well as an all-new dungeon to explore, new enemies, traps, and weapons.
Inspired by the likes of Dark Souls and ICO, Fall of Light is a story-driven action RPG set within a world consumed by darkness. You find yourself playing as Nyx, an old warrior who has embarked on a dangerous journey with his daughter, Aether, an ‘indigo child’ who radiates luminescence. It will only be by teaming up together will they be strong enough to complete their quest: to reach the last place on Earth still touched by sunlight.
- 20 different battle stances: get ready to face hordes of shadowy enemies!
- 10 weapon classes: pick your favorite combo of close-range weapons, crossbows, and shields
- All-new dungeon: complete with new enemies and dangers, exclusive to the Darkest Edition
- Protect Aether: her light pierces the darkness and you are stronger together, so keep her safe!
- Unlock hidden secrets: learn more about the history and lore of Nyx’s world
- Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for PS4 and Xbox One versions
- Supports the following languages: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese-Brazil, Simplified Chinese, Hungarian
Once a full release date rocks up we’ll be sure to let you know. Taking in that trailer below may well be for the best though!