Did you like Slain: Back From Hell? Well, the development team behind that – those at Steel Mantis – are now working on an all new idea, one in which you’ll need to buckle up and ready yourselves for a hit of interstellar carnage.
Valfaris is the next game from the team behind Slain and the heavy metal action platformer certainly looks like it is well worth keeping an eye on…especially should you take the trailer and first screenshots as any guide.
Slated to arrive on Xbox One, PS4 and PC at some point in late 2018 or early 2019, Valfaris promises brutal combat, deadly enemies, stunning pixel art and a savage soundtrack. The question is, are you ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole?
About the game:
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness.Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
For even more details, you could do a lot worse than check out the 30 minute playthrough found below. It takes us through the first two levels of the game – Landing Pad and Eco Chambers – including the boss encounters, shows off 5 of the 30 odd weapons that will be in the final game, details the weapon upgrade and save systems and gives a chance to hear some of ex-Celtic Frost guitarist Curt Victor Bryant’s music for the game
Key features included:
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
Excited much? Let us know what you think by posting in the comments below.