When Dovetail Games cast out Fishing Sim World on to Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2018, anglers across the globe were given access to one of the very best virtual fishing experiences. Now though that experience is about to get a whole ton better, with the arrival of Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour.
Arriving come 18th July 2019, Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour will become available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, running as a free update to the original base Fishing Sim World game, delivering a feature packed update that will enhance the game in many ways, with the announcement that Dovetail have signed up Scott Martin and Ali Hamidi just the start of it.
First up and Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour will bring over 100 professional anglers from real-world bass, carp and predator fishing into the game, all as part of a huge Career Mode release. This comes with the endorsement of world class professional anglers Scott Martin and Ali Hamidi, and so you can bet your bottom dollar that there’ll never be a better time to match your angling skills against the professionals.
But whilst the Career is pretty exciting in itself, further new features include additional fish to catch, with Barbel, Channel Catfish, Brown and Rainbow Trout entering the lakes for the first time, while new official licensed equipment and sponsor brands will drop into play, including the likes of Evinrude, Korda, 13 Fishing, Booyah and RidgeMonkey. Further still, 3 brand new lake venues will become available to fish on, a new custom multiplayer mode will be put in place, and much, much, more.
Scott Martin represents the best of bass angling, as the most successful FLW Tour bass angler of all time, he is also the host of the Scott Martin Challenge TV show on Discovery Channel and joins Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour this July:
“I’m honoured to be part of Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour. This is such a passionate project, with an incredible level of detail. It’s a great way to introduce more people to the world of bass fishing.”
In the world of Carp Fishing, no one knows more than leading UK Korda angler, Ali Hamidi, who also is executive producer and presenter of ITV’s Monster Carp and The Big Fish Off shows:
“As a massive gamer it’s super cool to be involved with Dovetail Games and Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour. The game is so authentic – I take my role as an angling ambassador very seriously and I love that kids and adults playing this sim will learn skills that will really help when out fishing for real.”
Rob O’Farrell, SVP of Development at Dovetail Games agrees:
“Every angler knows that lucks got nothing to do to do with it – and with the incredible professional talents of Scott and Ali alongside all our new features, official partners and their equipment, it’s time to break your personal bests and win the pro tour!”
New features of Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour include:
- Career Mode – Start your very own angling career and work your way up to an elite angler by mastering new skills and rising through the rankings. Gain a social media following, negotiate sponsorships deals from over 50 licensed partners and fish against over 100 pro anglers including Scott Martin, Ali Hamidi, John Crews, Bryan Thrift, Dave Levy, Ian Russell and many more. Choose whether you want to fish for Bass, Carp, Predator or all three at professional level. Your angling path is in your hands with the ability to change your discipline at any given time.
- Custom Multiplayer – Take to the waters and fish against your friends online. Choose your own multiplayer options such as number of rounds, length of match, catch species, weather conditions, time of date etc.
- Community and Mastery Challenge System – Complete community, weekly and in-game mastery challenges to unlock exclusive items
- Online Tournaments – Participate in the Dovetail Fishing League to try and earn the coveted title of “Angler of the Month” for great rewards.
- New Fish Equipment and Venues – 29 species of fish are available to target, including varieties of Bass, Carp, European Catfish and Muskie. Barbel, Channel Catfish, Brown and Rainbow Trout will make their debut at launch. Fully licensed equipment will be available from over 50 licensed partners to choose from including Korda, RidgeMonkey, 13 Fishing, Booyah and many more. 10 venues will be available at launch, including three new US lakes, Lake Guntersville, Lake Travis and Lake Miller.
If you haven’t yet picked up a copy of Dovetail Games’ Fishing Sim World, then make sure you swing by our full review of the game on Xbox One, before heading to your usual digital store and grabbing a download. The £14.99 price point it comes in at makes a purchase an absolute no-brainer.