Watch out – Team Sonic Racing is on its way!
Announced today by SEGA, with the development side of things being handled by Sumo Digital, Team Sonic Racing will be mixing arcade racing with some fast paced competitive action when it hits Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC this winter.
A brand new racing experience, Team Sonic Racing will give us the chance to play as the likes of Sonic, Shadows, Tails and more as we customise vehicles, and take on a variety of game modes. Whether you wish to race alone, team up with friends or go all-out on the offensive and face off against others in high stake races against rival teams from the Sonic Universe, then Team Sonic Racing should suffice.
Coming in both physical and digital form expect to find an action packed fun racer that will come with the following key features:
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customisation – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Types – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power.
We will of course bring you more as and when we can, but the announcement trailer below should most definitely be taken in.