Get your retro fix as Capcom announce the Disney Afternoon Collection for Xbox One, PS4 and PC
If you ever wanted to take a trip down Capcom’s memory lane, experiencing some of the best games of yesteryear, then you’ll soon be in for a treat.
Capcom have today announced the Disney Afternoon Collection, a pack of games which will let you relive the good times with some of the most beloved Disney characters from the 80s and 90s. The fully restored classics will come with full 1080p HD visuals and all new game modes that will appeal to both newcomers and long time fans.
Dropping into Europe and North America for just £15.99/ €19.99/ $19.99 from the 18th April 2017, Xbox One, PS4 and PC fans will be able to get up close and personal with the following:
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!
- Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.
- DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.
- DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!
- TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
As previously mentioned, all six games come with new and improved HD visuals and feature a number of filtering options that replicate the classic retro look and feel.
But that’s not all as it’ll also offer new ways to play with Boss Rush and Time Attack modes for each game. Boss Rush mode, lets players battle through challenging boss encounters consecutively, while Time Attack mode encourages time-based gameplay and provides online leaderboards that track the fastest times for each game. A new “Rewind” feature makes these challenging titles more accessible for newcomers, with the option to rewind time and enjoy a swift recovery from blunders.
And additionally, the in-game Disney Museum will provide history buffs with a wealth of content to celebrate the era of the original releases, such as concept art, advertisements, character art, and music – all preserved in their original glory.
We will of course let you know when the time comes for you to get involved in the Disney Afternoon Collection.
Is this something you’ll be checking out? Let us know!