If ever something needed selling, then the addition of a remote controlled toy usually seals the deal. That is exactly what Deep Silver are hoping to accomplish with the announcement of the Homefront: The Revolution Goliath Edition.
Not only have Dambuster Studios committed to extensive post-launch support for their upcoming open world first person shooter but they’ve dropped hints that in amongst that will be some major single player expansions. All post-release content for Homefront’s co-operative Resistance Mode including new missions, challenges, features and additional items and equipment will be delivered FREE as part of the studios’ commitment to supporting the mode for 12 months.
“We’re planning for a dedicated team to work on additional single-player content for at least a year after release” said Hasit Zala, Game Director at Dambuster Studios. “We have some exciting ideas that we hope to develop further post launch, but the overall goal is to add some surprising new experiences to the world of Homefront that complement our 30 hour single-player campaign. All additional single-player content will be covered by the Expansion Pass.”
Now, that in itself is a good thing, but when you include the rest of today’s Homefront news, you may just make a beeline for the nearest pre-order facility.
HOMEFRONT: THE REVOLUTION WILL COME WITH A RADIO CONTROLLED COMBAT DRONE!
Yep, there you have it, THE big selling point. Strictly limited edition, the Goliath pack comes with the following rather awesome additions…
- A boxed copy of the game
- A radio controlled scale replica ‘Goliath’ Drone, with working lights and six-wheel suspension. The Apex-manufactured Goliath is one of the most fearsome weapons in the KPA’s Counter-Insurgency arsenal
- An exclusive Steel Book
- A 32 page Art Book featuring Resistance-themed concept art and cutting edge Apex weapon and vehicle technology
- The ‘Revolutionary Spirit’ pack (details below)
- The Homefront: The Revolution Expansion Pass, entitling access to major single-player expansions – further information to be revealed at a later date
In addition to all that jazz, Deep Silver have also confirmed a number of pre-order bonuses…
- Pre-Order Homefront: The Revolution to secure the REVOLUTIONARY SPIRIT pack, which includes both the Red Skull motorbike skin and Golden pistol skin for use in the single-player campaign, and instant unlocks of the Marksman Rifle, Sniper Scope and Remote Explosives for your Resistance Mode character.
- All Digital pre-orders come with the LIBERTY PACK, featuring two pieces of rare combat gear unlocked and ready to personalise your Co-Op character with – the Liberty Body Armour and KPA Shock Trooper Helmet.
Further pre-order bonuses are available with selected retailers in each territory:
- Kickstart your Co-Op Freedom Fighter’s career with the GUERRILLA CARE PACKAGE – 5 ‘Resistance Crates’ full of random weapon blueprints, attachments, equipment and more!
- Wage guerrilla warfare in style with the WING SKULL PACK, including the Wing Skull motorbike skin and the Silver Pistol skin in the single-player campaign
- Enhance your guerrilla skills with the COMBAT STIMULANT PACK to give your Freedom Fighter a critical boost in the heat of battle!
- Limited edition Steel Books, and Steel Posters are also available from selected retailers worldwide
You’ll be able to pick up Homefront: The Revolution on Xbox One, PS4 and PC come its scheduled release date of 17th May 2016 in North America, and 20th May 2016 in all other territories.
If you want to know more about Homefront: The Revolution, we played the Beta. Want to know our thoughts?