Knee Deep to raise its Xbox One curtains this February. Pre-orders now available
Wales Interactive and Prologue Games have today confirmed that their episodic adventure ‘Knee Deep’ will raise its curtains this February on Xbox One, just a few days after its initial PS4 showing.
Arriving come Jan 31st on PS4, Knee Deep will then take the Xbox One stage on Feb 3rd 2017. Priced at £11.99/$14.99, the episodic adventure sees you investigate three distinct characters as you delve deep into the crime thriller focusing on the death of a washed up actor. You’ll need to utilise your skills of observation, deduction, and cleverness, pulling back the curtain and revealing the true story behind the swampland conspiracy within.
It promises to let you experience a magical reality where characters are transported among scenes, set pieces moved into place, and hear music wafts from the orchestra pit. Knee Deep is, in its simplest form, all about characters, storytelling, and the melodrama of swampland Florida.
Accompanying its announcement is also the news that you can get your pre-order for Knee Deep on Xbox One in right now, dropping the cash prior to its release and ensuring that you’ll be one of the first to check it out upon launch. If you fancy getting your ticket to the show early, then the Xbox Games Store provides all the entertainment, and popcorn, that you need. Okay, maybe not the popcorn but you should be giving it a visit pronto.
Colin Dwan, Founder and MD of Prologue Games, says “We always wanted Knee Deep to end up on consoles but knew that it would take the right partner to help us navigate the waters of submission, marketing, and distribution. When we met Wales Interactive, we realized they were a perfect choice. Their track record of strong platform relationships, commitment to great content, and tenacious marketing put us at ease. We’re thrilled to be working with the team and can’t wait to bring Knee Deep to the console world!”
David Banner, Founder and CEO of Wales Interactive added “Knee Deep first caught my eye when it was being demoed on a neighbouring stand at London’s Rezzed 2015. That’s when I first met Colin and we discussed the potential of a Welsh/American collaboration to bring the game to console. The relationship has built from there and with our ethos of Indies helping Indies it’s great to work with such a talented forward thinking studio like Prologue Games who really see the value in teaming up to help get Knee Deep to a wider audience”.
- Uncover a swampland conspiracy — Use your skills of observation, deduction, and cleverness to pull back the curtain and reveal the true story behind this backwater community.
- Dynamic storytelling spotlights choice and consequence — Engage in realistic conversations that evolve based on your choices, but beware as critical decisions could lead to a breakthrough…or someone getting hurt.
- Gaming goes to the theatre — Vivid voice acting, imaginative set transitions, and melodrama specifically designed for the digital stage.
- No fail-state: You can’t lose Knee Deep. No matter what choices you make, the story unfolds until it reaches the finale.
- Atmospheric musical soundtrack: A mix of bluegrass and blues, the soundtrack by SkewSound adds another amazing dimension to the story of Knee Deep.
- Full voice cast: You’ll meet more than 30 fully voiced characters during the show.
As always, we’ll be sure to let you know when Knee Deep arrives.