Been waiting for access to Lord Zedd and the Story Finale of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid? It’s now here and the latest update for the game sees Battle for the Grid finally deliver what Power Rangers fans have been after.
Created by the development team at nWay in partnership with Hasbro and Lionsgate, Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch has today received a third update, one that not only introduces the iconic Lord Zedd character, but also helps completes the game’s Story Mode with the third act, and provides numerous gameplay improvements.
Key details of this latest update include:
● Lord Zedd (Season One – Character 3): The self-proclaimed “Emperor of Evil,” Lord Zedd has conquered and enslaved much of the galaxy. Initially leaving the “insignificant” Earth for Rita Repulsa to conquer, he returns to punish her for her failure and finish what she started.
Lord Zedd wields his Z-Staff to blast his enemies from range but can also pull them in to close to unleash devastating attacks. His combo potential is high and even more impressive when he calls upon the Putties to help aid in him in battle.
Lord Zedd is available for purchase as part of Season One Pass for $14.99, which also includes Trey of Triforia and Jenn Scotts characters, and Jason Lee Scott with Dragon Shield character skin. Lord Zedd can also be purchased individually for $5.99. If you are considering a purchase of that Season Pass, then make sure you check out our thoughts surrounding it.
● Story Act III: The Finale: Lord Drakkon and his army continue to travel through dimensions, conquering the Rangers and threatening all existence. With the fate of reality at stake, Zordon and Commander Cruger ask Rita Repulsa to join forces in order to stop Lord Drakkon and his powerful army. Tune into Act III and find out if Rita has been convinced to join the Rangers to defeat her old apprentice.
● Gameplay Enhancements: The new update includes:
○ Combat improvements to make the battles even more fun and engaging
○ Ability for players to preset their favorite teams
○ Improved PlayStation 4 online play
○ Online matchmaking improvements
This update – that of V1.4 update – is available right now for digital download via the usual digital stores, ie, the Xbox Store, the PlayStation Store, and the Nintendo eShop and Microsoft Store.
After seeing Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid arrive on console back in March 2019, and then seeing a cuple of updates hit home since that time, only now can the true power of the Rangers be found be fans. If you haven’t yet fallen into the tag team battles it allows, or spent time pitting current and classic Power Rangers and villains from the multiverse’s 25 year history against one another, then now is the time to do so.
After all, Lord Zedd is waiting!