Mark Of The Ninja is one of our favourite games on the XBLA and has been a constant ‘player’ since its release last year. Some DLC for it including a new costume and a new level will be must haves but the promise of ‘tons of developers commentary’ is the real biggy for us here.
Details as follows:
- A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the ninja’s tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
- A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
- Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
- Finally, we’ve added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game’s creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
- Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese.
Mark Of The Ninja Special Edition DLC will drop on the Xbox Live Arcade on the 16th August costing a mere 400 points.
Looking like a bargain is to be had.