I fell in love with the previous Metro games. The atmosphere, the story, the beautiful design. Yes, the combat was tricky, and sometimes, especially in the first game it was a bit clumsy, but the deep strange world was brilliant to play in. So when Deep Silver and 4A games teased Metro Exodus at E3 my heart was pumping fast. Now today I’m very close to a cardiac arrest as they’ve announced a new trailer and a confirmed Autumn release for the game. The trailer is called “THE AURORA”. Enjoy.
The trailer shows the desolate beauty of both the underground and overground nuclear bombed Moscow that we’ve experience before in the past, but hints at the larger world and a new chapter outside the city. As the lead character Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East. This thrilling story-line will span an entire calendar year through the changing seasons.
The open world of Russia is the big appeal here and of course the promise of the visuals from the latest consoles. Here are few of the things promised by the developers…
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…
My advice would be that if you haven’t played the original games, download them right now on Xbox One and prepare yourself for Exodus. They are dirt cheap this week and well worth the hours invested. If you have played them before, buckle up, make sure your gas mask has the correct filters and get ready for the next chapter of Metro Exodus on Xbox One, PS4 and PC in Autumn 2018.
Oh, and watch the trailer below. Definitely watch the trailer below!