The legendary series of Wonder Boy is set to live on in its spiritual successor, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, and there’s a brand new trailer for it, arriving just in time for E3. Would you like to see it?
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is a colourful action-adventure which borrows the best aspects of the classic series, whilst also delivering a more modern venture, gorgeous hand-drawn animations and memorable music – all of which is brought to life in the E3 trailer. If you’re attending E3, you can check out the playable Nintendo Switch demo at E3 at the SEGA Booth in West Hall, Booth #5222.
The story of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom follows Jin’s epic quest to save Monster World Kingdom, requiring you to help the young hero defeat challenging enemies, discover hidden locations, upgrade powerful equipment etc. You’ll be able to unlock special forms as well, with unique combat and platforming skills used to open new paths where mighty bosses and secret treasures await.
- Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your adventure exciting from start to finish.
- Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment: look for magic weapons and items that gradually open up the world.
- Over 15 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
- Hand Drawn animations: characters and enemies come to life with detailed animations and fun facial expressions.
- Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi and Takeshi Yanagawa.
- Full HD graphics at 60 fps: the game supports 1080p/60fps in TV mode and 720p/60fps in Nintendo Switch handheld mode.
- HD rumble support: feel the action with high performance HD rumble support.
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is set to release later this year for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC.