TaleWorlds Entertainment and Koch Media have announced that the highly praised sandbox-RPG, Mount & Blade will be making its way to Xbox One and PS4.
Arriving at some point in Q2 of 2016, Mount & Blade will arrive as both a digital title and in disc format, bringing a unique blend of intense strategic fighting, real time army command, and deep kingdom management to console owners. The sequel to the original medieval battlefield/sandbox experience, Warband will come with realistic mounted combat and a fairly detailed fighting system.
The following should also all be present:
· Completely open sandbox-RPG set in a fictional medieval scenario, inspired by the middle age of our time and guided by a “trial and error” mentality
· Huge world map featuring various starting areas and different warring factions with numerous skills and traits
· Choose your career path and define your own goals on the way to success
· Challenging and complex, skill-based real-time fights
· Extensive character creation including skill defining multiple choice questions to define a personal background story
· Customizable appearance and selectable abilities for your character
· Improve your skills by using them in combat
· Total freedom thanks to the non-linear gameplay
· Besiege, conquer and take over strongholds
· Exchange your enemy prisoners for ransom money
· Fight alone or in the online multiplayer mode with up to 32 players
· Hire local volunteers and mercenaries, take prisoners or gain loyal companions through your deeds
· Fight on foot or atop of your steed (melee and ranged)
· Master the handling with Swords, Shields, lances, bows, crossbows and throwing weapons
· Small encounters or great battles: Experience the diverse fighting management with your troops
· Increase your reputation among the nobles and enhance your glory
· Act honourably or live with the consequences of your decisions
· Get married and secure your inheritance
As is always the case, we’ll keep you fully updated on the state of play regarding Mount & Blade – Warband as and when further details, and that all-important release date, arise.