Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation now available on Xbox One and PS4 for free
Free-to-play action MMORPGs are always worth dipping in and out of on a fairly regular basis, and that is never more true than with the wonderful world of Neverwinter. Today sees a brand new expansion hit the game too – one that should keep Xbox One and PS4 players busy for a good while yet.
The Tomb of Annihilation is the latest free addition to hit the game. This all-new expansion sees you head to the dangerous peninsula of Chult, as it sets the stage for the latest adventure in Neverwinter, featuring a new jungle zone filled with dinosaurs, heroic encounters with the undead, a brand new campaign and end-game dungeon. You’ll also find the introduction of monster maven Volothamp Geddarm – voiced by Dungeons & Dragons’ Chris Perkins.
The social hub of Port Nyanzaru will welcome you to the mysterious land of Chult. You’ll get to hunt for the source of the death curse winding along the Soshenstar River, while fending off Yuan-ti, the undead and huge dinosaurs. Old friends will band together against this new threat including Minsc, Boo, Celeste, the famed explorer Volothamp Geddarm, as well as an unexpected ally.
- Chult Jungle Adventure Zone: Explore the Soshenstar River Basin, locating clues and tracking the source of the mysterious Death Curse. Close encounters with prowling dinosaurs and deadly Yuan-ti await adventurers.
- Port Nyanzaru Social Hub: The port will not only grant adventurers safety from the various dangers of Chult, but also act as a home away from home. Vendors, quest-givers and more await in this new destination.
- Tomb of the Nine Gods Dungeon: An end-game experience is now available on consoles for seasoned adventurers with a knack for feats of daring. This dungeon features powerful bosses, ancient puzzles and a challenge unlike any before in Neverwinter.
- Monster Hunts with Volo: The famed explorer and monster authority ventures to Chult, offering players the opportunity to track and catalogue local beasts. D&D game designer and all-around maestro, Chris Perkins, voices the famous Volo in Neverwinter.
- Tomb of Annihilation Campaign: Following the conclusion of the Death Curse storyline, players will open up an end-game campaign exploring the Soshenstar River, leading into the heart of Chult to unlock new boons.
- Other features: An additional bag slot, private PvP queues, dinosaur mounts, heroic encounters and repeatable adventures are now available.
If you were unaware, Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG that comes with fast-paced combat and the most epic of dungeons. If you want to get involved, then you’ll find it available for free on Xbox One and PS4.