There is next to no chance that you are bored with what Red Dead Online has to offer – but that’s not stopping Rockstar from dropping even more bombs and today we see a new update arrive… along with Gun Rush!
A brand new game mode that will see your survival instincts put to the test, Gun Rush will have players gathering up weapons and ammo all whilst the area you find yourself in begins to shrink.
Set for up to 32 players, Gun Rush brings more than a hint of PUBG and Battle Royale to Red Dead Online and is available to play right now in the Free-For-All and Team variants. Will you be able to make it as the last one standing?
Don’t expect that to be the last of it though and Rockstar have big plans for Red Dead Online, so much so that they have many more new gameplay features to add across the board as well as further changes to improve, stabilize and refine the overall experience. Additionally, Xbox One players also now have access to the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse, Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle and the High Roller Double-Action Revolver in the Red Dead Online Beta.
Further additions will see the inclusion of new Races and Showdown Modes, more clothing, extra emotes, and all of the following changes:
- Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law.
- Law and Bounty Upgrades: Some changes are coming to the way the Law and Bounty systems work in Red Dead Online to reduce the enticements for griefing. Soon, players will get a bounty for committing crimes and will be incentivized to pay them off within an allotted time. Wait too long and bounty hunters from each of the states will track the player forcing them to either pay up or escape.
- Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition.
- Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.
Further to that Rockstar have promised even more goodies in the works, with the following being developed as we speak…
- All-new missions to build on your Story in A Land Of Opportunities – from previously established characters like Horley and Jessica LeClerk, and some new ones as well.
- A range of Dynamic Events throughout the world
- Lots of new competitive modes including new Showdown Modes and Races
- Plus new weapons and clothing, and lots more…
Is Gun Rush enough to drag you in to Red Dead Online? Can you not get enough of the brilliance of Rockstar anyways? Are you still just kicking back with the story mode in Red Dead Redemption 2? Let us know all your thoughts in the comments below.