You know how they say too many cooks spoil the broth? Well, having too many cooks isn’t always a bad thing, as you’ll find out with the latest announcement from Team17 and Ghost Town Games revealing that a selection of additional chefs are inbound for gamers who pre-order the chaotic cooking experience of Overcooked 2!
Basically, all you need to do is pre-order Overcooked 2 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch or PC, before its release on 7th August to receive Kevin’s “Too Many Cooks” pack, which contains five exclusives chefs for use. These five characters are Calico Cat chef, Monkey chef, Unicorn chef, Walrus chef and Alien chef – whose cooking skills are simply out of this world. It’s not a bad bonus for a game you were probably going to buy anyway, but if you’re undecided, then maybe this swings the balance a tad.
Just in case you’ve not kept up to date with the announcements so far, here’s what’s to look forward to in Overcooked 2:
- Online multiplayer! For the first time you can cook up a storm with up to four players in both local and online multiplayer
- Throwing! Throwing is now an official game mechanic, allowing you to toss ingredients to your fellow chefs or even straight into the pan/blender/onto the floor
- New level mechanics! Overcooked 2 sees the introduction of new game mechanics including moving walkways, controllable platforms and even portals!
- Dynamic levels! Throwing you from the frying pan and into the fire, dynamic levels will change around you, offering a new challenge to overcome as the recipes and levels themselves change!
- Interactive world map! As you drive, sail and soar your way around the map in the Onion King’s amphibious air bus you will open up new areas using hidden buttons around the world
- Kitchens! From the neon lights of a sushi restaurant to the bubbling pots of a Wizard school kitchen, there are plenty of places to cook up a storm in Overcooked 2!
- Recipes! From spaghetti to sushi and pancakes to pizza, recipes both old and new will need to be cooked to perfection (or at least not burnt to a crisp!) New recipes mean new ingredients and new equipment so even the most well-seasoned Overcooked players will be challenged.
- Chefs! Overcooked 2 introduces a whole host of new of chefs to play in the kitchen including an eagle, mouse, beaver and what kitchen is complete without an octopus!
Overcooked 2 will release digitally on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC, with a price set at £19.99/€24.99/$29.99, whilst a boxed version will also be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Are you preparing to put those culinary skills to the test alongside you friends and family in Overcooked 2?