Prepare to embrace Kinect again as Air Guitar Warrior is announced for Xbox One
Whether you love Kinect or absolutely hate it, there is no arguing that the guys at Virtual Air Guitar Company love the motion controlled tech. With no less than ten Kinect titles already under their belt, the Finnish team have today announced their latest title – and you won’t have to wait long for it.
Air Guitar Warrior will bring you rock’n’roll, flaming guitars and shooting mayhem when it arrives on Xbox One on the 29th March 2017. Priced at $19.99 / €18.99 / £14.99, Air Guitar Warrior can best be described as part music game and part scrolling shooter. As you can probably guess, you’ll be left wielding air guitars that double as weapons as you head of on a quest to find a legendary sword-guitar and challenge Heavy Metal Zeus at the top of the Temple of the Rock Gods.
“With Air Guitar Warrior, we wanted to really push the rock attitude,” says Aki Kanerva, Founder and Lead Designer at Virtual Air Guitar Company. “Air guitars that shoot fire, ice and lightning, dinosaur riding, flying flaming demon skulls… it’s going to melt your face!”
A music title is only ever as good as the tunes it brings and thankfully a full soundtrack has been created specifically for Air Guitar Warrior by musicians Mika Tyyskä / Mr. Fastfinger and Samppa Siurala. The game places control of the lead guitar in the hands of the player.
Tyyskä says, “I’ve been playing guitar for almost 30 years, it was very liberating to finally write music and riffs for air guitar! For each song, we wrote various lead guitar layers in different speeds: fast, faster, fasterer… no sweat or blood was spared when the most furious parts were laid down!” Siurala adds, “This project was a great combo – creating multiple different styles was an awesome challenge and at the same time it was a dive back to basics: solid rock!”
Full features include:
- 50 hand-painted levels, ranging from post-apocalyptic ruins to the pits of pandemonium
- 21 vehicles including dinosaurs, sharks with lasers, tigers and jet-powered crocodiles, featuring different gameplay for flying and ground vehicles
- 13 giant bosses
- 8 guitar weapons, each with 5 tactical fire modes
- 10 album covers that you can star in
- Custom soundtrack by Mika Tyyskä / Mr. Fastfinger and Samppa Siurala with 19 tracks ranging from classic rock to heavy metal
- The guitar responds to your playing – choose slow or fast, rhythm or lead, or bend backwards to trigger destructive rapid fire
After the great success the Virtual Air Guitar Company have had with previous titles like Boom Ball 2 for Kinect, Beatsplosion for Kinect, Kung-Fu for Kinect and more, chances are this one will be something to look forward to.
We will of course remind you when the time comes to get your download in.