Rad Rodgers tells the tale of a young boy who plays too many video games – and it is coming to Xbox One and PS4 with a whole ton of improvements.
Originally Kickstarted and then released on PC, the 90’s themed platformer has been inspired by the likes of Conker, Jazz Jackrabbit and Commander Keen. Now though it is due to hit Xbox One and PS4, with the included improvements also dropping onto the PC version for free.
Created by Slipgate Studios and published by the team at THQ Nordic, Rad Rodgers will hit Xbox One and PS4 come February 21st, with PC players getting a free update to bring it into line. Priced at £16,99 / €19,99, you’ll find that it features a massive amount of improvements over the PC version, with all of the following in place…
- Leaderboards: Gain Scores at the end of each level, and battle with friends to reach the top of the leaderboards.
- Hats: Unlock more than 20 different hats throughout the game, and customize Rad Rodgers.
- New Pogo Vertigo Bonus Levels: Grab a Pogo Stick, and see how far you can get in the new Pogo Vertigo vertical levels.
- New Unlockables: Unlock behind the scenes artwork throughout the game.
- New Pixelverse Puzzles: Pixelverses have been redesigned, and now include brand new types of Puzzles.
- 5 New Levels! Fight through 3 new Pogostick Levels, and 2 massive new levels. The Rainforest Rampage, and Raging Ruins.
- Minibosses! Introducing 2 minibosses throughout the game.
- 4 New Enemies! The new Spiky Jellyfish, Powerful Laserheads, and 2 new Minibosses brings new and exciting challenges to the Rad Rodgers enemy roster.
- Brand new weapon! The legendary “Excalibat” from Rise of the Triad, makes a return to Rad Rodgers. Become invincible and smack your way through hordes of enemies with the mighty Excalibat.
The wonderful world of Rad Rodgers will see you playing as Rad, a young boy who has been sucked into his own videogame. With the help of Dusty, his good-hearted but foul-mouthed, now-sentient game console, you’ll get thrust through proceedings of First World, taking in seven dangerous stages of action-packed, humor-filled, hardcore platforming fun. It is up to the unlikely buddies of Rad and Dusty to save the jungle’s inhabitants and restore the Elder Tree as guardian of the land.
Full game features include:
- Weapons: Dusty arms Rad with a variety of radical bad-ass weaponry. The Bolt Blaster has unlimited ammo, is easy to use, and more than enough firepower to get the job done. The Phoenix Cannon shoots out a fiery bird whose wingspan lights enemies ablaze as it flies by. There are 5+ weapons in this first chapter, with more to come.
- Sounds & Music: Our composer Andrew Hulshult combined his years of musical experience (both performing and writing) with his passion for retro-style gaming to create an amazing and authentic soundtrack for the game complete with MIDI-inspired music… And synthesizers!
- The Pixelverse: While Rad and Dusty are a great team, only Dusty can enter the electrified Pixelverse — a dangerous spacetime-breaking region that exists behind the game world. Dusty enters the Pixelverse when necessary to repair glitches in the running game world, allowing both Rad & Dusty to continue their journey.
- Classic Easter Eggs: The game features hard-to-find collectibles in sometimes even harder-to-find classic secret rooms. Use your precision platforming skills to collect ’em all.
Check out the trailer and then let us know your thoughts and whether you’ll be looking to spend time with Rad and Dusty by posting in the comments below.