Set in 18th century England, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will place us into the shoes of Miriam, an orphan scarred by a curse, allowing us to try and save not just herself, but humanity in the process. It’s a game that has been hotly anticipated for a while, but now, finally, a fully confirmed Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC release date has become known.
Coming from 505 Games, the digital version of the gothic horror side-scrolling action RPG Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will release on Xbox One, PS4, and PC (Steam and GOG), on June 18th 2019. This will then be following by retail editions of the game on June 21st, with Nintendo Switch digital and physical launches occurring on June 25th 2019.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night tells of how a paranormal force has summoned a demon-infested castle, revealing crystal shards infused with tremendous magical power. Players take on the role of Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes her body. To save humanity and herself, Miriam must fight through the castle while collecting, crafting and unlocking a vast array of weapons, equipment and loot to defeat the summoner Gebel and the countless minions and bosses of hell that await.
Features of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night include:
- IGAVANIA LIVES ON – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy longtime fans of his previous work.
- VAST AND DEEP GAMEPLAY – Unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- HIGH FIDELITY 2.5 GRAPHICS – Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- ORCHESTRAL MUSIC BY INDUSTRY LEGENDS – With music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), respectively, Bloodstained’s music is an unforgettable experience.
- IGA’S BIGGEST CASTLE – Bloodstained’s game world map is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
- MULTIPLE CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM – Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
To celebrate the announcement, a new trailer has been released and this highlights a wealth of technological advancements the game has achieved over the last year of development. if you’re after fluid controls, enhanced lighting, graphics and newly composed music from Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night), then this is the game for you.
Check out the trailer below and then hold tight till mid-June. We’ll be sure to remind you once Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night arrives.
It may also be worth you checking out Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon too.