Paradox Interactive promised us Xbox One and PS4 owners a release of Stellaris: Console Edition in Q1 2019 and it seems that is exactly what we are getting. Today, that all-important release date has become known – alongside the arrival of the pre-order scheme.
Back in October 2018 we told you that Paradox Interactive and Tantalus Media were gearing up to released Stellaris: Console Edition on Xbox One and PS4 in the first quarter of 2019. Well, today they have confirmed that the game will arrive on February 26th 2019, adapting the Stellaris title which released on PC a few years back and ensuring that console owners get access to the Grand Strategy Game.
Featuring that same beloved Stellaris gameplay which many have taken to their hearts, Stellaris: Console Edition will see us exploring the depths of space, taking in diplomatic (or hostile) relations with alien races, and managing interplanetary empires over the course of hundreds of years.
If that sounds like your bag and you wish to take your space-faring dreams further then you’ll find that the Stellaris: Console Edition is available right now for £31.99/$39.99, or Stellaris: Console Edition Deluxe for £44.99/$59.99, including the core game alongside the Plantoids Species Pack, Leviathans Story Pack and the Utopia expansion – all of which will be downloaded automatically at their release in the months following launch.
Stellaris: Console Edition promises to put the complexity of the galaxy at your thumbsticks, and no matter whether you are found exploring the unknown, discovering the mysteries of the universe, or conquering it for the glory of your empire, as an Xbox One or PS4 owners, you will soon have more inter-galactic strategy awaiting than ever before.
Features of the Stellaris: Console Edition include:
- Behold the enormity of space with procedurally generated galaxies and an untold number of planets to explore.
- Encounter a myriad of wild, quirky, and dangerous alien races who may prove to be crucial trade partners or conquering forces hellbent on enslaving your civilization.
- Take on strategic space warfare and resource management to ensure the survival and advancement of your empire.
- Explore scientific anomalies and uncover technological wonders throughout the galaxy to utilize them toward your own gains.
- Govern your own fledgling empire and secure your power and agenda through manipulating internal policies, factions, traditions and more.
If you wish to get a closer look at the game before its launch then make sure you stop by the Paradox Interactive channel on Twitch or Mixer today (Jan 22nd) at 16:00 CET where the team will be showing off the game and answering community questions. Or you could watch the trailer below. Or do both. Your call!