Shape of the World promises a serene and surreal first person exploration in which the world will grow around you. Want to know exactly when we’ll be given the chance to head in?
Well, that all depends on the system you wish to play Shape of the World on, but as Xbox One owners, we’re mostly focused on the XO side of things. And that means June 6th 2018 is the date we need to worry about, as Shape of the World arrives digitally on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch then. Those on PS4 and PC won’t feel left out though as they can get access a day earlier – June 5th.
But what is Shape of the World? Well, coming from the development team at Hollow Tree Games, it’s a first person explorer that drops you into the heart of a living, breathing world in which you can play with an organic and mysterious ecosystem, interacting with animals, flora and monoliths in order to see the world change in unexpected ways.
With dream-like forests, aquatic caves, and peaceful shores playing host to a wide variety of strange wildlife, this is a journey which will let you unwind after a stressful day at the office, leaving you to get on with things in your own time and never having to worry about a ticking clock or any perils found round the next corner.
“I’m thrilled to officially announce that Shape of the World is coming to multiple platforms this June,” said Hollow Tree Game’s founder, Stu Maxwell. He also works as a senior VFX artist for The Coalition, the studio behind Gears Of War 4. “After four years of developing the game in my own time after work, it’s exciting to see my project finally hitting the (digital) shelves.”
Game features include:
- First-person explorer: Unwind as you wander at your own pace in surreal environments that beckon you to explore, hinting at distant landmarks and encouraging you to delve deeper into the woods.
- 4K support: Enjoy the experience in native 4K on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.
- Play with an organic and mysterious ecosystem: Interact with graceful animals, ephemeral flora, and intriguing monoliths. Your actions will alter the world you discover in vibrant and unexpected ways, leaving you to wonder what will happen with each new path you forge, each abandoned hollow you stumble upon.
- A living world: The forest only materializes as you move through it, and regrows anew as you pass through areas you’ve previously explored. The handcrafted world offers you landmarks and familiar terrain to guide you through to the end of your trip.
- A dynamic soundtrack that responds to the player’s travels: The audio shifts along with the visuals, providing an enveloping aural experience to match your psychedelic journey and amplify your immersion. Listen to a sample of the soundtrack by Brent Silk here: https://brentsilk.bandcamp.com/releases
I’m sure you’ll agree that Shape of the World is an intriguing prospect and we can’t wait to dive in when the game launches on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC in early June.
Will you be joining us?