The great thing about the LEGO games is that at any point a whole host of new characters and levels can be thrown in to make the whole experience just that little bit better. Since the arrival of LEGO DC Super-Villains back in October of 2018, we’ve see a ton of new content hit the game – and now that is what we are seeing again as the latest Level Pack, one focusing firmly on the Batman: The Animated Series, takes hold.
Following on from the Aquaman content, DC TV Series pieces and the good old Justice League is the latest Level Pack for LEGO DC Super-Villains. The Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack is, as the name suggests, firmly planting itself in the camp of the Batman Animated Series, based on the Mask of the Phantasm. Fight Joker and Captain Clown.
Priced up at just £2.39, this level pack includes a multitude of new characters including Batman (obviously), Harley Quinn, Joker, Mad Hatter, The Phantasm, Man-Bat, Captain Clown and BabyDoll. If you thought the roster was already massive, then you may well wish to think again!
Details of each as follows:
- The Phantasm is the secret villainous identity of Andrea Beaumont, a love interest of Bruce Wayne’s prior to him becoming Batman, she is set on avenging her father’s death at the hands of a mysterious mob member, who winds up becoming The Joker. She dons an outfit reminiscent of the Grim Reaper and wears a smoke-generating device and scythe-bladed gauntlet.
- Captain Clown appeared in the series as an android programmed to be a loyal subject to The Joker and an enemy to Batman. As a villainous robot with unique artificial intelligence, its strength always presented a challenge for Batman to defeat.
- Man-Bat was the first villain to appear in the pilot episode of Batman™: The Animated Series. Afflicted with a disease that threatened to leave him deaf, Dr. Kirk Langstrom devised an experimental cure that merged the DNA of humans and bats. After testing it on himself, however, the cure backfired and transformed him into a giant bat-like creature.
- The Mad Hatter began as timid scientist Jervis Tetch who was experimenting with mind control technology for Wayne Enterprises. Attempting to impress a love interest, he dresses as the Mad Hatter character from his favourite story book and uses his mind control technology to brainwash people to do his bidding.
- Batman (Bruce Wayne) pledged his life to an endless crusade against all criminals when his parents were taken from him a kid so that what happened to him will never happen again to anyone else. A self-made Super Hero who has no Super Powers, Bruce travelled the world focused on training both his body and mind to near physical perfection and when the time was right, he returned to Gotham City donning the Cape and Cowl becoming Batman. Using his incredible skills and abilities coupled with an arsenal of gadgets and cutting-edge technology, Batman keeps a watchful, protective eye over the citizens of Gotham City, especially against costumed criminals like The Joker.
- Known as Batman’s main arch-nemesis, The Joker is an unpredictably nefarious criminal who uses every evil trick his mind can muster to try to destroy Batman and take over Gotham City. In Batman: The Animated Series, The Joker starts out completing criminal jobs for the mob and is cornered by Batman during an attempted robbery at the Ace Chemical Plant. He falls into a vat of chemicals disfiguring him and further warping his mind, giving birth to The Joker.
- The notorious and iconic Harley Quinn made her first appearance in Batman: The Animated Series when she and Joker attempted to plot against Commissioner Gordon only to be stopped by Batman. Psychologist Dr. Harlene Quinzel began her career at Arkham Asylum, and it was there she first met The Joker. While trying to psychoanalyze what made the clown tick, he turned the tables and toyed with her mind and she ultimately helped him escape becoming his criminal sidekick and love interest, Harley Quinn.
Should you wish to see this content added to your LEGO DC Super-Villains game on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch or PC, then a trip to your local digital store should be on the cards. Personally we’d talk about the benefits of the Xbox Store all day long, and should you be playing through LEGO DC Super Villains on Xbox One, then spending the measly amount required on this latest pack is a bit of a no-brainer – especially if you like the Animated Series, or Batman as a whole. That said, if you have previously purchased the Season Pass, then you’ll find this Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack included already.
For more information about the game, and whether or not it is actually any good, our full review of LEGO DC Super-Villains on Xbox One should be taken in.
Download now to get access to Batman: The Animated Series! This level pack is based on the Mask of the Phantasm. Fight Joker and Captain Clown alongside the Phantasm! This level pack includes: • Batman • BabyDoll • Captain Clown • Harley Quinn • Joker • The Phantasm • Man-Bat • Mad Hatter