Nearly two decades ago, Fear Effect debuted on the PlayStation and garnered plenty of praise from the masses. Now though, it’s almost time for the long awaited sequel – Fear Effect Sedna – to launch on a multitude of platforms. The official release date has been revealed!
Square Enix Collective and Sushee have unveiled March 6th, 2018 as the day to mark on your calendar for the release of Fear Effect Sedna simultaneously on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC. This brand new chapter takes Hana, Rain, Glas, Deke and new arrival Axel into the world of Inuit mythology. It’s even got the series’ original writer John Zuur Platten on board as a co-writer to ensure a great return for the much loved cast of characters.
“Fear Effect Sedna generated an amazing response from fans of the series when we ran our Kickstarter, and with the support of Square Enix Collective and co-producer Forever Entertainment, we’re excited to see just what they make of it come release,” offers Benjamin Anseaume, founder of Sushee.
“Developing Fear Effect Sedna has really brought the team here at Sushee together, and that’s exactly what the gameplay is about. Each character has different special weapons and the game includes a paused tactical mode to control different team members at the same time and give orders to work as a team. It’s an approach that taps into the core structure of the original games but, with the technology available to us today, feels very 2018.”
Fear Effect Sedna features:
- The return of the original Fear Effect’s much loved cast of characters
- Isometric viewpoint to enable players to interact with multiple characters at the same time
- Gameplay that mixes real-time action, tactical play, stealth, and puzzles
- The adrenaline-based “Fear Effect” gameplay mechanic that impacts on both attack and defence
- Animated stylistic cutscenes, stunning environments, and classic death cutscenes
- A mature and exciting story that follows mercenaries uncovering the mysteries of Inuit mythology
You’ll be able to grab Fear Effect Sedna on 6th March for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC, at a cost of $19.99/€19.99/£15.99. Fans of the series should also take note of the fact Sushee are also working of a remastered version of the original game for all the platforms listed above, which is titled Fear Effect Reinvented, in the hope of recapturing the same spirit for newcomers and veterans alike.
It’s going to be a big year for Fear Effect!