It was only a couple of weeks back that we told you the Paradox Interactive team had new ideas up their sleeves with the announcement of Surviving the Aftermath. Well, surprise, for the game has today rocked up into Xbox Game Preview and Early Access on the Epic Games Store.
Should you ever have wished to build the perfect disaster-proof colony which will allow you to survive a deadly post-apocalyptic world, then the latest survival management game from Paradox Interactive will sort you out.
Surviving the Aftermath is the next chapter in the publisher’s Surviving brand, and has now become available in Early Access on the Epic Games Store and Xbox Game Preview on Xbox One. With development handled by Iceflake Studios, the post-apocalyptic colony builder is being co-developed alongside the community, with regular updates incorporating player feedback.
As with any Early Access title, players who want to get in on the ground level and participate in the game’s initial birth can purchase Surviving the Aftermath at an early-bird discount of £16.74, prior to seeing it leave Early Access and launch on PC via the Epic Games Store, Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 in late 2020. If you wish to grab it now then the Xbox Store will sort you out. Further to that, if you haven’t previously purchased the brilliant Surviving Mars, then a neat bundle brings together both games for £41.74.
In Surviving the Aftermath, players will build and manage a colony of survivors in the shadow of a world-ending event. Resources are scarce following the apocalypse, and survival requires mastery of complex systems to optimize production and colony management to ensure nothing is wasted. Players will construct buildings, manage colonists, adapt to natural disasters and more in an effort to restore civilization.
Surviving the Aftermath is much more than a standard colony builder though and enables players to go beyond the shelter to explore a dangerous world filled with unique biomes, hazards, bandits, and more. You’ll also be able to recruit and send out teams of Specialists to gather resources and intelligence about the world around the colony, seeing what your teams have discovered by utilizing a vast overworld map that adds layers of strategic gameplay not typically included in a colony builder.
“Throughout Surviving Mars’ development we learned the importance of listening to our community and their feedback helped elevate that game to new heights,” said Nikhat Ali, Lead Producer on Surviving the Aftermath at Paradox Interactive. “With Surviving the Aftermath we want to get our players involved as early as possible so we can make sure we’re making the game they want to play. We have an ambitious content schedule ahead of us that includes monthly updates where we will incorporate feedback from our players and we’re confident the team at Iceflake is the right team for the job.”
“Surviving the Aftermath is the game we’ve always wanted to make,” Lasse Liljedahl, CEO and Lead Designer at Iceflake Studios, said. “When we pitched our plan to Paradox, they recognized our passion and commitment to making this game the best survival colony builder it can be. We’re beyond thrilled to finally share our dream project with the world and to have the support of one of the industry’s leading publishers.”
Surviving the Aftermath Features Include:
- No Place Like Home: Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 50 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security. Don’t forget to construct the Gate to venture into the savage world beyond your colony.
- Surviving Earth: Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with exploitable resources, bandits, and more. Each environment has different conditions that will affect your colony’s survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival is my Specialty: Recruit over 46 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected: Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Mods: Surviving the Aftermath players can bring their own visions to life using Paradox Mods.
Future updates to Surviving the Aftermath include diplomacy and combat options between colonies, expanded tech trees, endgame content and much more.
Decent eh? We think so and reckon you should join us in taking in the latest trailer for Surviving the Aftermath below. Let us know what you think too – the comments section is down below.