A whole new entry in the Valkyria universe will soon be with us and today a full physical and digital release date for Revolution has been confirmed.
SEGA’s latest Valkyria venture – that of Valkyria Revolution – has today been confirmed for a European release on June 30th 2017, with that of the US a few days earlier on the 27th. Arriving on both Xbox One and PS4 as a physical edition and usual digital download, the traditional turn based strategy has been ditched in favour of a more action-orientated field, one in which you’ll get to discover a whole new world, new characters and new gameplay mechanics. PS Vita players meanwhile will be able to get in on the action with just a digital download
Now in place will be devastating melee strikes, full-on ranged attacks and enough strategic shifts to turn the entire battle your way. The sounds of war will no doubt rage on, and if you are looking forward to checking it out, then perhaps a pre-order is the way to go. If you do, then loyal soldiers will see their service rewarded as pre-orders and limited launch copies of the physical PS4 and Xbox One versions in Europe will come packaged with a 12-track soundtrack by the renowned Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow).
In the wake of a revolution, Jutland’s elite soldiers, the Vanargand, must band together to defeat the Ruzi Empire and stop death itself–the Valkyria. This grizzled anti-Valkyria squad is equipped with advanced mana weaponry and has the powerful ability to wield ragnite spells to combat this terrifying threat. The unit is comprised of soldiers who have a high affinity for ragnite, and even Jutland’s own Princess Ophelia has joined the ranks. The princess carries the utmost love for her country and has answered the call of duty to liberate those who are suffering from the Ruzi’s tyranny. However, Amleth Grønkjær, the commanding officer of Vanargand hides a terrible secret. Is he friend or foe to the country he has sworn to protect?
The full features of Valkyria Revolution are:
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, an ancient and powerful Valkyria, a fearsome being with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces, and players will have to discover how to defeat the incarnation of death itself.
- Prepare for Battle – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics. Finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will be able to upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths with ragnite.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new GOUACHE rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant and dramatic soundtrack by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda, who is known for his work on Chrono Trigger and Stella Glow.
We’ll obviously bring you more as and when we have it, but for now, that trailer below looks well worth a watch.