There are times when Xbox 360 owners must think the world is against them. A stunning console in it’s time, the main focus of everything coming out of Xbox HQ these days is quite obviously on it’s sleeker, more powerful sexier brother. But hey, the Xbox 360 isn’t dead and the latest system update proves that.
Perhaps not as exciting as that which will soon be gracing Xbox One, 360 owners will however be happy to see an increase in their cloud storage space, along with some other less important features.
Rolling out now are the following new features:
- 2GB Cloud Storage – Starting today you will now be able to use up to 2GB of Cloud Storage on your Xbox 360. Use your Cloud Storage to save the game saves you want to bring with you to Xbox One for Xbox One Compatible games.
- Redeem Codes from messages – When you receive an Xbox Live Marketplace code in a message you will now be able to redeem that code by simply pressing “Redeem Code”.
- Activity Feed – Like, comment, share your friend’s activities, post new messages, watch game clips, view screenshots, and see what your friends are playing from your Xbox 360. You can access your Activity Feed by navigating to Social on your console.
- See What Your Friends Are Doing – You can now see what your friends are playing on Xbox One and Windows 10 from your Xbox 360.
- Microsoft Movies & TV and Groove Music – Access your movie and TV collection from Microsoft Movies & TV and your Music in Groove Music.
- See your money – Your Microsoft account balance will now be shown when you are looking at the details of a game or when browsing the marketplace.
Some decent additions there and even though the vast majority should really have been in place previously, we’re not going to turn our noses up at the chance to take some further free storage space.
You should be seeing the update anytime now on your Xbox 360. Let us know what you think in the comments below.