Master your art and master your destiny in the upcoming beat ‘em up action game from Buka Entertainment and Ravenscourt, 9 Monkeys of Shaolin. One thing is for sure: you’ll need to know thy enemy when it hits Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC on 16th October.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin is set to mark a true rebirth of the iconic beat ’em up genre in the vein of those old-school favourites from years gone by. If you’re a beat ’em up enthusiast who’s keen on crushing foes left and right, then this new title from the creators of hardcore brawler Redeemer is almost definitely going to be on your radar.
As a mere Chinese fisherman, Wei Cheng, the goal is to avenge the death of your friends and family who were slaughtered in a pirate raid that took place in your normally peaceful village. Wei is quite a tough nut to crack really, as he knows the basics of an ancient martial art form only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks. With your trusty battle staff at hand, be ready for a challenging adventure in Medieval China and to partake in merciless fights against hordes of enemies.
Seeing as it’s filled with action-packed battles and clearly tries to capture the incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies from the 70s, 9 Monkeys of Shaolin seems a perfect choice for every fan of proper hardcore brawling.
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from scene to scene
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and many more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
Don’t forget, 9 Monkeys of Shaolin will burst onto the scene for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC on 16th October.