Very rarely do we find games releasing earlier than planned. Whilst delays and new launch dates are nothing new within the industry, Alex Kidd is looking to buck that trend with Miracle World DX releasing earlier than the Merge Games and Jankenteam teams had planned. That’s a good thing though, eh?
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is the game that fans across the globe have been holding out for, bringing back a three decade old Alex Kidd and thrusting him into the limelight once more. After an initial release on the good old SEGA Master System back in the mid-1980s, the land of Miracle World is now being transformed for the better – and for more modern day systems.
- Alex Kidd is back as Miracle World DX is announced for Xbox, PlayStation, PC and Switch
- Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX gets confirmed release date and Signature Edition
Releasing on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC, with just a £14.99 price tag in place, this nostalgia hit will allow Alex Kidd fans the chance to take in all the favourite locals from the game of back-in-the-day, complemented nicely with some all new locations for good measure.
But that’s not all that Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is able to deliver. A striking new art style is in place, as are improved boss fights and extra levels. There are also additional modes to enjoy too, with Retro Mode allowing the chance for you to enjoy the re-creation of the original visuals, whilst the Boss Rush Mode provides non-stop Rock Paper Scissors action. You can then also throw in further updates, most notably in the form of improvements to the combat, to the movement mechanics and in terms of the menu system. In all, the DX drop of Alex Kidd in Miracle World comes with a wealth of new content.
The key features of this remake include all of the following…
- A Legend Reborn – Dive into a stunning recreation of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with striking new art and tighter, more fluid controls.
- New Modes – New modes such including ‘Classic Mode’ and ‘Boss Rush Mode’ will be available for players alongside the standard game.
- New Levels – Experience new levels which expand the lore of the original.
- Alternative Boss Fights – New and improved boss fight mechanics with more intuitive combat.
- Classic Mode – Experience the original game with boss fights, dialogue, levels and functions remain true to the original Master System version.
- New and remastered music – A wide array of reimagined music tracks as well as remastered tracks from the original classic game!
So, are you ready to return to The Kingdom of Radaxian to ensure it gets back to former glories? Do you think the evil Janken the Great has had long enough to turn the citizens of the kingdom to stone. It’s time to charge up your Power Bracelet and help Alex Kidd save the kingdom once more. You’ll find Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX available this very minute on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S (the Xbox Store link is right here), PS4, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Keep an eye out for our full review of Alex Kidd on Xbox too. We’re super excited for this one, so much so that it found a place in our Up Next article, detailing the 8 games you should be playing on your Xbox in June 2021.
The legendary Alex Kidd returns with Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX! “The iconic Alex Kidd is back! Jump straight back into Miracle World and experience it like you’ve never seen before. Complete with new HD graphics, gameplay improvements and animations, rediscover all the levels from the original game, as well as brand new levels which expand the lore and story behind Alex Kidd. Destroy the evil Janken the Great and rescue the people of Radaxian once and for all! The world needs a hero - what are you waiting for? Relive legendary rock, paper scissors battles with Boss Rush Mode! Get ready for none-stop boss action in Boss Rush mode! Take on the legendary Gooseka, Chokkina, Parplin and Janken the Great, in a nonstop boss fight! Transport straight into the classic with Retro Mode! Jump straight back into 8-bit nostalgia with Retro Mode. At any point during game play switch between the enhanced graphics and a recreation of the original art style!