Way back in 1986, SEGA delivered Alex Kidd in Miracle World to gamers. It kinda went down pretty well. Now though, some three decades later the Kidd is being revived as Merge Games and the development team at Jankenteam prepare to get Alex Kidd back up to speed with modern day gamers.
If you’re looking to smash rocks, collect coins and take on some hardcore bosses, then you’ll be wanting to keep an eye out for Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX. Coming to Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC, expect to discover new visuals and a whole host of new content upon release.
You see, as well as including all of the original content and levels, Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX catapults Alex Kidd into a new generation with striking art, improved boss fight systems and different modes. There will also be extra levels included, allowing for the expansion of the Alex Kidd lore of the original title to bring a fresh dimension to Alex Kidd in Miracle World.
Throw in a Retro Mode which brings back the nostalgia from the Master System classic, allowing players to switch back to a recreated version of the original graphical style, right up to the new Boss Rush Mode which provides non-stop Rock Paper Scissors action, and Miracle World DX promises to deliver much for fans of Alex Kidd. Even more so when you take into account further updates such as improvements to combat, movement mechanics and new menu systems.
Features of Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX will include:
- A Legend Reborn – Dive into a stunning recreation of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with striking new art and tighter, more fluid controls.
- New Modes – New modes such including ‘Classic Mode’ and ‘Boss Rush Mode’ will be available for players alongside the standard game.
- New Levels – Experience new levels which expand the lore of the original game
- Alternative Boss Fights – New and improved boss fight mechanics with more intuitive combat.
- Classic Mode – Experience the original game with boss fights, dialogue, levels and functions the same as the original Master System version.
- New and remastered music – A wide array of reimagined music tracks as well as remastered tracks from the original classic game!
Grab a watch of the initial reveal trailer of Miracle World DX down below. And hit us up in the comments. If you’re immediately sold, then wishlisting the game on Steam is a possibility.