We never fail to be amused by the sheer number of simulators that are available in the gaming world. The latest is certainly one of interest too, as Animal Shelter Simulator comes to Xbox.
Previously available on PC via Steam and mobile devices, Animal Shelter Simulator is a fairly unique type of game, one in which you get the opportunity to run a shelter caring for cats and dogs.
It’s picked up some decent acclaim on Steam (time of writing, over 1000 Very Positive review) and so it’ll be interesting to see how it translates to the Xbox scene.
Available to purchase and download right this very minute from the Xbox Store, playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, in Animal Shelter Simulator you’ll get the chance to take care of various pets, creating the finest homes for your little friends.
A game that has been put together by those at the Polish game studio of Games Incubator, Animal Shelter Simulator comes under the Ultimate Games banner; a publishing company pretty intent on providing players with a host of different simulator games like Priest Simulator and Electrician Simulator.
Drop in and you’ll find the chance to run and manage a cat and dog shelter, with your main objective being to take care of the pets and find the best homes for them. While interacting with the four-legged cuties, the player can play with them, feed them, and treat them – because all pets like treats, yeah?
And neatly, each pet will come with its own individual traits while specific indicators track its condition and mood.
“We aimed to fully capture the operation of a shelter, keeping in mind the ideal balance between simulation and fun. This approach and an adequate variety of gameplay make Animal Shelter Simulator a great game for both younger and older animal lovers,” says Games Incubator’s CEO, Marek Parzyński.
If caring wasn’t enough, Animal Shelter Simulator has been enhanced by a whole array of additional features – you can organize photo shoots for the pets while also dealing with their finances; that of the shelter, not the pets.
Construction mode is also a pretty major part of Animal Shelter Simulator and you’ll be able to create and shift the space you have, expanding your shelter veterinary clinics, additional buildings with pens, and more.
“After its successful release on PC, this unique simulator is now coming to Xbox. More importantly, versions for other consoles, including PS4, PS5, and Nintendo Switch, are also being developed. We plan to release Animal Shelter Simulator on these platforms as early as the first months of 2023,” announced the COO of Ultimate Games S.A., Rafał Jelonek.
The key features of Animal Shelter Simulator as it comes to Xbox include:
- Clean them – Your rescues will need to take plenty of steps on the path to improved health, and good hygiene is the very first one. Get your hands a little dirty so that their paws stay clean and their spirits soar high.
- Protect them – There’s a bit of a wild side to every critter out there and it’ll be your job as a responsible caretaker not to let it break out in any nasty fashion. Manage the animals well and keep the peace among the residents of your refuge.
- Take them for a walk – What better way to burn off all that excess energy than a good, old-fashioned trot out in the fresh air? Keep your animals stimulated and entertained. You can be sure they’ll be starved for attention!
- Extend – As you succeed in your efforts, you will be faced with additional challenges. Make sure to turn them into opportunities as you invest in your facilities and expand according to your growing needs.
- Be careful – Animals need a level head just as much as they need a loving heart. Remember that each resident of your shelter has a nature of its own. You don’t want them, or yourself, getting hurt.
- Convince them – The ultimate purpose of your initiative and the most rewarding conclusion to all of its efforts – when an animal makes its way to a brand new, loving home. Look after your rescues and make sure that they will find new good homes.
Promised to open doors on PlayStation and Nintendo Switch in Q1 2023, for now you can grab a copy of Animal Shelter Simulator on Xbox by visiting the Xbox Store. It’s on PC through Steam and mobile stores too. £12.49 is all you need to stump up.
Hold tight as we fully review this shelter, letting you know how Animal Shelter Simulator plays on Xbox Series X|S soon.
Animal Shelter Simulator grants you the opportunity to tackle the challenging but also highly rewarding task of running a refuge for strays and rescues. Witness firsthand how much effort goes into helping abandoned and injured animals as you handle a number of tasks necessary for your shelter to operate smoothly.