Are you ready to tackle the mayhem of the “craziest gameshow on earth” – because that’s exactly what Guts and Glory is all about.
Coming from HakJak productions and published by tinyBuild games, Guts and Glory sets you on a path of physics based madness where the only goal is to get to that finish line. It’s not that simple of course; you’ll facing a whole host of dangers on the way all of which are out for blood. Spinning saw blades, spikes, turrets and explosives along with the promise of more dangers coming after release among which is the absurdly named “poo cannon”.
It’s a game that certainly invokes memories of Happy Wheels and if that’s the kind of rage inducing madness you like then you will be right at home here. Billing itself as a physics driven game full of a variety of vehicles, power ups, tracks, dismemberment and even a day/night system.
- Physics-driven vehicles with dynamic damage and destruction
- 100% ragdoll riders, with realtime dismemberment, blood and guts everywhere
- Destructible props and environments: smash through windows, thin walls, fences, barrels, etc.
- Level Editor and Level Sharing.
- AI Pedestrians that wander around, run away screaming, and die in hilarious fashions
- AI Enemies that chase you down with hell-bent fury
- Loads of Hazards: cannons, explosives, wrecking balls, circular saws and so much more
- Special Items: Mega Fans, Turbo Boosters, Zero Gravity Fields, and more
- Power-Ups: Boost Refills, Invincibility, and other surprises to come
- 10 Unique Vehicles and their associated Heroes
- 100 Official Tracks, spread across 10 Themed Maps, including other biomes
- Time of Day System: night races, glaring sun, or possibly even realtime changes during the race
- Steam Integration: Leaderboards, Achievements, Workshop, etc.
Following the successful funding campaign Guts and Glory will also get an extensive amount of content after release including three new game modes that will see you taking on the role of a taxi driver or even a full blown RPG mode with fully realised boss fights.
It’s all available right now on Xbox One, PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch. If you’re Xbox One focused then you should get yourself over to the Xbox Store now and spend the £11.99 required.
“Welcome to Guts and Glory—The craziest game show on earth, where ordinary people compete in extraordinary challenges of life and death, for glory! The objective is simple: Race to the finish line while everything tries to kill you. Dodge spinning saw blades, deadly spikes, explosives, turrets, and a growing list of other hazards—while navigating insane tracks set in a wide variety of environments. A game full of LOLs and WTFs and OMGs, where failing can be just as much fun as winning. Do it to prove your awesomeness. Do it for the laughs. Do it for the glory!”