In just a couple of weeks we’ll all be given the chance to head into the Assassin’s Creed universe once more as we visit Ancient Egypt for days and weeks on end. Today though Ubisoft have detailed their plans for post launch content – and it’s looking pretty nifty.
Assassins Creed Origins will arrive on Xbox One, PS4 and PC come 27th October 2017, as players get the opportunity to explore a vast and mystical Ancient Egypt. But to compliment the base game, Ubisoft will be delivering plenty of hours of additional content with new storyline expansions, quests, timed events and customisation items.
Much of that will be sent in via the Assassin’s Creed Origins Season Pass and it has today been confirmed to include:
- DLC 1 – The Hidden Ones: This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players to a point years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins, as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region. This expansion will extend the level cap, allowing players to keep on making their character progress. Available in January, 2018.
- DLC 2 – The Curse of the Pharaohs: In this story-driven expansion focusing on Egyptian mythology, players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a new, mystical realm. During their journey, players will encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpions and more, as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. The Curse of the Pharaohs will increase the level cap further and introduce brand new Abilities. Available in March, 2018.
- The Roman Centurion and Horus Packs: Two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount. Available in November, 2017.
- A package of 500 Helix Credits: Available at the launch of the game.
- An exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade. Available at the launch of the game.
Whilst you’ll be able to purchase the season pass separately, it’ll also be included in the Assassin’s Creed Origins Gold Edition.
But that’s not all, as on top of the Season Pass goodies will be an extensive line-up of free content, filled with new challenges and gameplay opportunities, will be available for all players both at launch, and post-launch, including:
- The Trials of the Gods: Epic boss battles against Egyptian gods that take place during special timed events – victorious players will receive prestigious rewards. The first Trial of the Gods event will be available 15 days after the launch of the game.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar: A wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete in order to earn mysterious exotic rewards. Available at the launch of the game.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the Egyptian landscape and indulge their inner wildlife photographer while discovering in-game pictures taken by other players. Available at the launch of the game.
- Horde Mode: Players will fight endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena. They will be able to compare their scores with their friends and challenge them asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: This new educational mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum and will give everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. Available early 2018.
If you’re looking forward to Assassin’s Creed Origins, and are tempted by the Season Pass, make sure you let us know in the comments below. If instead you’re after the free content, we’d love to hear from you about that too.