It’s time to head back to 50 B.C. as Microids and OSome Studio prepare to take us on an adventure full of epic boar hunting and hardcore Roman slapping with the launch of Asterix & Obelix XXL3: The Crystal Menhir on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch,and PC/Mac.
With Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 having dropped a year back, it’s time to get reacquainted with our favourite buddies, all in order to take on a new kind of journey, one in which two Gauls will be keeping beady eyes on a very strange menhir.
Initially set in the small village of Armorica, where peace reigns and the villagers go about their everyday lives. Asterix and Obelix hunt wild boar, villagers quarrel and the village chief paces around the main square. But as we know in gaming circles, peace cannot last forever, and one day, the druid Getafix receives a strange letter and this event marks the beginning of an exciting journey for our two heroes – and a living nightmare for the Roman camps they’ll come across! Helped by the mysterious powers of the crystal menhir, the duo will travel to distant lands and face many dangers – and that is where you come in.
Along the way you’ll discover plenty of crystal menhir powers with the following ready to deliver vicious attacks:
- Stone menhir: This is the menhir in its initial state, without the crystals. Obelix hits it on the ground and triggers a shock wave, shattering some objects instantly. Depending on the intensity of the attack, enemies can be stunned or even thrown into the air by the menhir.
- Ice menhir: For a few seconds, Roman enemies are slowed down by the cold or even immobilized in large blocks of ice. This makes it even easier to finish them!
- Fire menhir: The nearest objects catch fire and Roman enemies flee when they see their armor beginning to burn. A second effect also occurs: the menhir lights up its surroundings – pretty useful in dark places!
- Magnetic menhir: Armored enemies are attracted to the menhir, which means they can all be hit at once. Specific mechanisms are activated and surrounding metal projectiles stick to it: convenient when gathering collectibles! In the event of a particularly intense attack, a shield surrounds Obelix and offers protection for two friends.
And whilst that all sounds great, for the very first time, a cooperative mode will be available in the Asterix & Obelix XXL saga! This will see you being able to play with family or friends on the same screen, with Asterix and Obelix’s actions complementing each other, as they work together to get through the game. Each of the two characters comes with specific special moves too, and by working together they will find the best approach to attack a Roman camp and send hordes of Romans flying like never before!
- • Master the mysterious Crystal Menhir in all its forms: stone menhir, ice menhir, fire menhir and magnetic menhir!
- • For the very first time in the Asterix XXL Saga, play as Asterix and Obelix in two-player co-op mode! A fantastic adventure to share as a family or with a friend.
- • Experience an all-new story in the Asterix comic book world and explore the lands of the Roman empire.
- • You will find your favorite characters, such as Getafix, Cacofonix and Vitalstatistix, as well as new characters with hilarious names!
- • Complete various side missions and collect hidden objects on all levels.
Wanna know more? The official launch trailer for Asterix & Obelix XXL3: The Crystal Menhir is right below. Check it out and then head to your favoured digital store in order to get a download moving. For us Xbox One players, the Xbox Store is the best bet, and it is there where you’ll find The Crystal Menhir available for a price of £33.49.
An adventure to share, full of fun, slapping and friendship. The year is 50 B.C. Gaul is entirely occupied by the Romans. Well, not entirely… One small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders. And life is not easy for the Roman legionaries who garrison the fortified camps of Totorum, Aquarium, Laudanum and Compendium. Peace reigns in the small Armorican village, where the villagers go about their daily business. Our two heroes, Asterix and Obelix, hunt wild boars, the blacksmith and the fishmonger quarrel, and the village chief strolls around the village square atop his shield. One day, the village druid, Getafix, receives a strange message. It is from Avina Gandir, the high priestess of Thule! She warns the druid of a grave threat to her people and asks him to take a mysterious Menhir out of its hiding place… Set off on an exciting adventure and immerse yourself in the world of Asterix! Alone or in co-op, explore the lands of the Roman empire and unravel the mystery of the Crystal Menhir and its incredible powers!