Over the course of the last year, would-be pirates have had the opportunity to take in the matey madness of Atlas over on Steam. Today though it’s all about Xbox One, and as Atlas arrives on console in Game Preview form, it brings with it the opportunity to run full cross-platform, letting all scallywags play together.
From the creators of ARK: Survival Evolved, Grapeshot Games have today lowered the gangplank to welcome Xbox One players in to its massive multiplayer fantasy pirate adventure, Atlas. Available to purchase and download right now in Xbox Game Preview form, Atlas will allow pirates to stake their claim in this vast open world, all while endeavoring to construct custom ships, search for buried treasure, siege and conquer fortresses, plunder traveling merchants then recruit a crew to join their powerful Armada and engage in the ultimate quest for fortune and glory!
First releasing on Steam back in 2018, the launch of the Xbox One edition of Atlas sees full cross-platform support put in place, allowing Xbox and Steam PC players to battle together in the same gigantic world. What’s more, the promises of keyboard and mouse support for Xbox players ensures full game parity and an even playing field for all scoundrels.
Whether you are taking in the new single-player or private session modes for those who wish to go seafaring with just their friends, Atlas is the pirate adventure you’ve been waiting for. Yes, I know we all said that about the launch of Sea of Thieves back in the day, but hey, we can cross our fingers and hope once more! With Grapeshot committed to simultaneous updates and content pushes for Xbox and PC players – ensuring delivery of the exact same experience for both platforms – if you’re looking to construct the ship of your dreams, or have a group of mates looking to go plundering, then Atlas may well be your best bet.
Atlas features include:
- Construct the Ship of Your Dreams, Plank by Plank! – From tiny rafts and dinghies to colossal frigates and galleons, your dream vessel is only a shipyard away with our robust ship customization system. Construct your ship piece by piece, give it a name, design the look of your sails, and decide exactly where all the planks, masts, and gunports on your ship should go.
- Assemble Your Crew – Recruit other players or hire NPCs to join your crew and aid you on your quest for riches and glory. Whether manning weapons on your ship, hoisting the sails, or helping search for buried treasure on shore, your crew is an essential part of your pirate adventure. Just be sure to keep their stomachs full and give them their fair share of the booty, lest you want a mutiny on your hands…
- Explore a Massive World – Physically sail in real-time across the vast oceans with the proprietary server network technology. Explorers will voyage to over 700 unique landmasses across 45,000 square kilometers, with thousands of Discovery Zones, and ten distinct world regions each having their own unique resources, creatures, secrets, and environment hazards!
- Shape Your Identity – Choose from a wide range of character customization and cosmetic options to create your specific pirate look. Unlock skills across 15 different disciplines to form your own unique role in the world of ATLAS.
- Experience Classic Pirate Action – Become the world’s greatest swashbuckler, a pistol-packing gunslinger, or perhaps a master cannoneer instead. Engage in fierce raids on land-based strongholds, swing from grappling hooks to board enemy ships, or unload volleys of cannonballs into your foe’s hull. The world of ATLAS has no shortage of ways to dispatch your enemies, be it at the end of a sword… or in true pirate fashion… at the end of a rope.
- Choose Between PvP and PvE Play on Official Servers – On a PvP server, everything is up for grabs: be it ships, player inventories, NPC crewmembers, tames, player-built structures, player-owned territory, and lots of other loot. If you can get your hands on it, you can take it for yourself. Do you have what it takes to become the most notorious pirate on the high seas?
- Care for a less “cutthroat” experience? Join one of our PvE servers and cooperate with thousands of other players to explore the globe, discover new secrets, and even fight mythical creatures together. Create powerful companies with old friends or build an entire player-run town with some new ones. The world of ATLAS is yours to shape!
- Build Your Organization – Want to create a rich merchant empire that spans from pole to pole? Always wanted to command a fleet of privateers who work for the highest bidder? Or perhaps you’d like to create a government navy and protect the innocent from pirates? In ATLAS, you can build any organization you can think of. Create a settlement for your company and build it piece by piece with our modular construction system. Contest other companies’ land, structures, or ships and add them to your ranks.
- Play in Singleplayer and Non-Dedicated Private Sessions – In addition to experiencing ATLAS on our official/unofficial servers with thousands of other players, you can now enjoy ATLAS by yourself in our Singleplayer mode, or with up to eight friends privately in our Non-Dedicated Server mode. Adjust the game to suit your preferences and enjoy your own private version of ATLAS.
- And Much, Much More to Come!
Are you ready to set sail in the ultimate pirate experience! You can grab a copy of Atlas in Xbox Game Preview right now. The Xbox Store will provide the download for £24.99, just be aware that this is a Preview game, and that bugs and glitches may be in place. Oh, there’s a free trial available too.
From the creators of ARK: Survival Evolved comes ATLAS — the ultimate pirate experience! Explore a persistent, massive open world with thousands of other players simultaneously. Build your ship, assemble your crew, sail the high seas, search for buried treasure, plunder player-built settlements (or replace them with your own), and conquer the world of ATLAS island by island. Wage war against enemy fleets while you single-handedly command large ships of war — or divide the responsibilities among your trusted shipmates instead. Dive into the watery depths to explore sunken shipwrecks. Team up with other explorers to discover new lands rich with resources, exotic creatures, and ruins of a bygone time. Become a pirate legend in this ultimate quest for fortune and glory!