You may well have heard of Baja, but now a fully remastered version of the off-road classic has been announced for Xbox One and PS4. Are you ready for Baja: Edge of Control HD?
Arriving digitally and physically in Q2 2017, Baja: Edge of Control HD will release on both Xbox One and PS4, so say THQ Nordic. An updated version of the 2008 classic that was originally released on Xbox 360 and PS3, the new version will come with 4K compatibility, a huge selection of vehicles and new environments.
With this new HD edition, you’ll find a greater immersion in the authentic racing thanks to improved rendering techniques, better shadowing, lighting, textures and a higher framerate. Improved controls a better UI and an easier start to the career have also been promised.
Baja: Edge of Control HD contains more than 1,000 miles of the toughest terrain you can think of, with the steepest mountains, thickest mud and deepest canyons known to man. With countless sponsored vehicles in eight classes, including those of Trophy Trucks, 4x4s and buggies, Baja: Edge of Control HD features a huge array of upgradeable options with hundreds of authentic parts that affect each vehicle’s performance.
You’ll get the chance to put your off-road beasts to the test in near-vertical Hill Climb challenges, head-to-head Open Class races, circuit races and the ultimate off-road endurance challenge: the Baja! Beware though, for some races could take up to four hours to complete!
Full features include:
- 4 player split screen and online multiplayer
- Dozens of vehicles to choose from
- Monitor and repair vehicle damage via truck and helicopter teams
- Authentic vehicle physics respond to any bumps and ruts you drive over
- Numerous, authentic vehicle parts to help fine-tune the performance of your off-road machine
- More than 100 tracks, nine open worlds and 1000 miles of drive-to-horizon landscape
- Lots of different events, including Hill Climb, Baja Endurance Races, Closed Track Races and more
- Free roaming gameplay: drive as far as you want and find hidden tracks, jumps and more off-road madness
Q2 is a big old window to hit, but as soon as a nailed down release date is with us, we’ll let you know!