We’ve only just seen the return of BloodRayne on console via the release of BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites, but it seems like there is no stopping the Rayne train once it gets moving. Very soon we’ll be seeing the Ziggurat team delivering the deadly dhampir’s enhanced adventures to console with ReVamped versions of BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2.
Yep, the half-human half-vampire Nazi hunter will soon be making a return to console, with updated versions of of BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 on Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch, as well as an exclusive physical release on Switch and PS4 through Limited Run Games. In addition, through backward compatibility, the games will be playable on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 too, pushing out the ReVamped enhanced editions of the original games for console players.
The third-person horror action series BloodRayne introduced gamers to Rayne, a brutal half-vampire femme fatale traveling the world to foil Nazi plans, battle supernatural threats, and uncover more about her vampiric heritage. Featuring a unique protagonist, fast-action combat, vampiric powers, and a globe-spanning storyline, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 once offered up dynamic and visceral gameplay experiences, that were loved by fans and critics alike. It didn’t take long for BloodRayne to become a true cross-media phenomenon, spanning games, comics, and films across the early 2000s. But now it’s time to bring that to a more modern day audience.
Upon release in the Fall, we’ll see the following rolling out to Xbox, PlayStation and Switch…
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160)
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Improvements to lighting at the engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Localizations include:
- BloodRayne: Voiced audio and localized text for English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.
- BloodRayne 2: Voiced audio in English and Russian. Localized text for English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish
“The response to the Terminal Cut editions on PC has been tremendous,” said Michael Devine, SVP Business Development at Ziggurat Interactive. “Fans of the series are asking for us to bring BloodRayne to more platforms, and we are happy to give console players the update they have been asking for with these ReVamped editions.”
Keep an eye out for the all-important release date as and when.