With a host of iconic indie characters at the fore of the action, Merge Games will be bringing the ultimate fighter to Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and PC this summer, when Bounty Battle launches.
Recently featured in the Nintendo 2020 Showcase, Bounty Battle answers the age old question – Who will win in a fight? Pitting some of the most iconic indie characters from gaming’s past together, Merge Games and the development team at Dark Screen Games have high hopes for this ultimate fighter, as plans are set in place to release on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC this coming summer.
A 1-4 player beat-’em-up, Bounty Battle will feature numerous characters from all over the Indie world, letting you pit your favourite indie heroes against one another. And these indie heroes aren’t just your every day run-of-the-mill brawlers, these are guys who have cemented a place in the hearts of gamers – characters from games like Guacamelee!, Dead Cells, Darkest Dungeon, Owlboy, and more.
As the title of Bounty Battle implies, you’ll be left to see a wide cast of characters battle it out in this fighter frenzy, with more than 25 fighters from over 20 different indie games included. Each fighter will come with their own Minion companion and unique abilities too, with levels and scenarios ripped from the fighters’ native game worlds holding together these four way fights.
The characters already confirmed for action in Bounty Battle on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC when it launches this summer include those from:
- Darkest Dungeon
- Dead Cells
- Nuclear Throne
- Axiom Verge
- SteamWorld Dig
- Battle Chasers Nightwar
- Death’s Gambit
- Super Comboman
- Doko Roko
- Tower of Samsara
- Blubber Busters
- Ruin of the Reckless
- The Bug Butcher
- Blocks that Matter
Key features of the game include:
- A host of game modes including a Story Mode, Couch Multiplayer, Practise and Tutorial to discover your style
- Over 20 characters from your favorite Indie titles each with their own move set and special attacks
- Each fighter has their very own minion to summon and join the fight
- Over 10 arenas to battle on – some plucked from the worlds of their fighters
- Multiple color and palette swap options to fight in style!
If you’ve got interest in Bounty Battle then you may like to know that you can add the game to your Steam wishlist right now. Further to that, those looking to pick it up on Nintendo Switch will discover that this is a game that is being treated to the Signature Edition Treatment.
Available to pre-order direct from the Signature Edition store for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, this edition of Bounty Battle includes:
- Region free copy of Bounty Battle on the console of your choice.
- Four limited edition enamel pins featuring Bounty Battle fighters: Atlas, Lazarus, Lilith and Tyran.
- Numbered collector’s certificate, printed with the developers’ signatures.
- 34-page booklet detailing the combatants featured in Bounty Battle.
- Sturdy “Sierra” box with foam insert.
- Outer sleeve featuring alternative artwork.
Will you be battling for the bounty when Bounty Battle launces on console and PC later this year? Let us know who you’re most looking forward to getting hands on with. The comments section is below.