Awe Interactive have announced the PC release date for their fast and frenetic shooter, BPM: Bullets Per Minute, with the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions coming later.
It’s been revealed that PC gamers can bang bang to the beats in the action-packed BPM: Bullets Per Minute on 15th September. That’s when they are able to experience the world of this dungeon-based first-person shooter, in which every action – every shot, every jump, and every dodge – is pulled off to the beat of an epic rock soundtrack. A barnstorming soundtrack it seems, taking inspiration from the likes of Wagner, Muse and Audioslave. Every pulse is tied to the in-game action, with the structure of BPM: Bullets Per Minute’s audio pulling everything together for maximum cohesion.
BPM serves up randomly generated dungeons infested with brilliantly preposterous monsters and tasks you with taking on the role of the mighty Valkyrie. The goal? To take out each and every one of the seven bosses to the beat, and look pretty darn cool while doing so. Along the way you’ll collect an assortment of weapons, abilities, and items, ensuring every playthrough feels unique.
“There’s no doubt we were inspired by the retro shooters from when we were growing up when putting BPM: Bullets Per Minute together, but we think the game’s unashamed slave-to-the-rhythm ethic gives it a fresh feel and an added edge,” says Awe Interactive founder David Jones.. “It’s that sweet spot between giving gamers a taste of the supreme shooters they loved when they were young, but also offering them something that genuinely pushes the boundaries of the genres the game straddles.”
BPM: Bullets Per Minute features:
- Shoot, jump and dodge to the beat while battling hordes of enemies.
- Fight powerful bosses in challenging boss battles that will push you to the edge.
- Explore randomly generated dungeons.
- Choose from 5 different characters with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Wield a powerful arsenal of weapons, all with different behaviour for firing and reloading to the beat of the soundtrack.
- Battle a diverse array of enemies, each with unique rhythmic behaviours.
- Get overpowered and fire shotgun rockets while flying through the air.
- Utilise abilities that radically alter the way you play the game, from teleport to freezing bolts.
- Equip over 40 items that buff your character in unique and interesting ways.
- Experience an epic rock opera soundtrack.
- Challenge modes for extra gameplay.
Don’t forget, BPM: Bullets Per Minute is set to arrive on 15th September for PC, while a console release is expected sometime afterwards.