If you’ve been sat waiting patiently for more information to emerge about Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, then today’s your lucky day. We’ve got news about the roster, the modes, and there’s a brand new cinematic trailer to have a gander at too.
Starting with the trailer and it highlights never-before-seen elements of the story mode, which sees heroes from both universes coming together to try and stop Ultron Sigma. That’s not the only key plot point though, with heroes like Iron Man and Captain America going at it when they disagree on the potential solution to their problems. Loads of awesome characters from the worlds of Marvel and Capcom feature in the action-packed trailer, thus making it a must watch.
Most of the roster has been revealed already, but four more have been added to bring the final count to 30; with more set to be release post launch. The latest reveals see two additional characters included from each world; Firebrand (Ghouls ‘n Goblins), Jedah (Darkstalkers), Ghost Rider (Marvel), and Dormammu (Marvel). There’ll be more details about these four characters next week, in conjunction with the Gamescom event.
Last, but not least, is the confirmation of the single player and multiplayer offerings within Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. All of which combined will ensure it’s a fighting game that provides a whole load of possibilities and memorable experiences. The following modes have been confirmed –
Offline Modes and Features:
- Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
Online Modes and Features:
- Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will release on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC across North America and Europe on 19 September, 2017. But for now, we’ll leave you with the epic new trailer…