Edit: 27/05/21 –
KeyWe is now confirmed to launch on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch com August 31st 2021. There’s even a release date trailer to confirm it.
We’re not quite sure how they’ve managed it, but Sold Out (Big Crown: Showdown) and Stonewheat & Sons have announced a puzzler that looks to be just as utterly chaotic as it is adorably cute. The postal themed KeyWe is going to deliver mailroom mayhem this summer for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.
The stars of KeyWe are two small kiwi birds, named Jeff and Debra, who work in a frantic, but fun, mailroom. That’s the setting for this cute and chaotic co-op game, which tasks you with typing telegrams, shipping packages and sending urgent messages while in control of the postal-worker birds. Obviously though, with no hands to help them, they must jump, flap, peck and even butt-slam their way across an interactive landscape of levers, bells and buttons in order to get those messages delivered on time.
“We are flapping with excitement to announce KeyWe for consoles,” said Joel Davis, Artist and Animator at Stonewheat & Sons. “It was always our goal to bring KeyWe to as many players as possible, so we’re thrilled that players across all major consoles and PC will get to experience the fun and calamity of Bungalow Basin’s Telepost on day one.”
“After picking up the award for ‘Best Family Game’ at last year’s gamescom awards, we’ve been so excited to share more details on KeyWe with everyone,” added Katie Clark, Product Manager at Sold Out. “We can’t wait for players of all ages to discover the mailroom mayhem waiting for them in the full game this summer.”
Key features of KeyWe:
- Mailroom mayhem – Take on the role of a postal-working kiwi bird and partner up with a friend to type out telegrams, send urgent messages, ship packages and keep the mail flowing.
- Cute, chaotic co-op – Buddy up on the couch or flock online in chaotic co-op.
- Adorable single-player – Control both kiwi birds on a single controller to venture out on a solo mail service adventure.
- Perilous postal environments – Navigate mailroom desks and shipping rooms to become a master of the mail service.
- Seasonal silliness – Encounter hazards caused by wintery weather, autumnal thunderstorms and more on the way to becoming postal pros.
- Customisable kiwis – Change the color of your kiwi’s feathers and unlock new accessories – because kiwi birds look cute in little hats!
While KeyWe can be added to your Steam Wishlist as of right now, it’s actual launch on all the aforementioned major platforms isn’t expected until the summer. In the meantime, check out the fun new trailer!