You may be sitting there happily pondering your every move with Pure Chess, but very soon you’ll be given the chance to play the most breath-taking chess game ever created. It’s been 1500 years in the making…this is CHESS ULTRA!
Ripstone Games have today announced that Chess Ultra will soon be launching. Due for release on Xbox One come 23rd June 2017, with pre-order options open from the 7th June, Chess Ultra is the chess game you always wanted.
It comes with absolutely stunning visuals, the most seamless of online multiplayer options and a Grandmaster approved AI system that will provide the ultimate chess experience. It’ll also deliver Classical, Blitza and Marathon game modes, more than 80 chess puzzles and the chance to rewrite history by proving your worth in some of the most historic chess scenarios ever seen.
But that’s not all, as alongside some beautiful environments and chess sets, the chance to play cross-platform with PC players from the comfort of your Xbox One shouldn’t be ignored.
Key features include:
- Stunning environments and beautiful chess sets, including a ‘Fire and Brimstone’ chess set that literally burns
- 10 Grandmaster approved AI levels
- Comprehensive time controls, including Classical, Blitz and Marathon, all available online
- Intuitive local and online multiplayer with ELO ranking system
- Cross-platform online play between Xbox One and PC
- Spectate and compete in Official Ripstone tournaments
- Over 80 chess puzzles
- Re-write the past by winning the biggest historic matches
- In-depth tutorials
Chess Ultra is not only coming to Xbox One though, and Ripstone will be delivering the goods to PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR, Steam, HTC Vive & Oculus players as well.
If that all sounds good to you, and you wish to know even more, then you could do worse than hit up the Ripstone Twitch stream at 4pm UK time on the 7th June 2017 as the team show off Chess Ultra. Failing that, just grab a view of the new trailer below. It looks awesome!