It’s been more than a year since Chivalry 2 first started making waves, as it gave players the chance to join the ultimate medieval battlefield on Xbox, PlayStation and PC. Now though, just as a free content drop ensures that it is all fully Reinforced, comes the move to Game Pass, opening up the battlefield to all.
Rolling out to Game Pass on both Xbox and PC today, if you’ve not yet played Chivalry 2 then this is about as good a time as any. Drop in and you’ll discover a game full of wonder as you gear up and take in the award-winning multiplayer hit from Tripwire and Torn Banner Studios.
Whilst Game Pass is exciting enough, today signals the arrival of some new features for Chivalry 2 via the Reinforced update. There’s a new map for starters, plus a new weapon in the form of The Katars, whilst full mounted combat has been dropped into some existing maps. Details…
- New Map: Hippodrome (Team Deathmatch/Free-for-All). Designed from the ground-up to showcase the new mounted horse combat feature first introduced with the Chivalry 2: Tenosian Invasion content update, Hippodrome is set in an arena full of danger and peril with spike traps and flamethrowers – and features open spaces, providing lots of opportunities for horseback jousting and lance charges.
- New Weapon: The Katars. The first dual-wielded weapon to join the world of Chivalry 2, the katars are a matched pair of deadly, armor-piercing, daggers for swift close range attacks. Designed for the Ambusher class, it is a very fast stab weapon that does not interrupt opponents. It also encourages the player wielding it to have good footwork and make use of dodges, as it has a very weak block. The katars make for an excellent engaging weapon, allowing Ambushers to get behind enemy lines and cut down heavily armored fighters with ease.
- Mounted Combat Map Updates: The Chivalry 2 community has been asking for more horseplay, so Torn Banner Studios has delivered, adding mounted horse combat existing maps The Raid on Aberfell (Team Objective) and The Siege of Rudhelm (Team Objective).
Want more? You can have it with the new Chivalry 2: King’s Edition of the game. Available today for PC players (and those on Xbox and PlayStation later in October), the King’s Edition takes the base game and throws in some new and exclusive cosmetic armor, some in-game and premium currency and more.
In all, the Chivalry 2: King’s Edition bonus content includes:
- Rebel King’s Armor and War Helmet: Don the legendary armor worn by General Malric at the Battle of Stoneshill.
- Feydrid’s Aegis Armor and War Crown: Fight for glory and honor with the Steward King Feydrid’s royal set.
- Duke’s Talon and Kralle of Bridgetown Shields: Protect yourself with the Duke’s Talon (Mason Shield) and Kralle of Bridgetown (Agathian Shield).
- Surrender Flag Novelty Item: Live to fight another day with this novelty item, added to your spawn-in inventory.
- 1,000 Crowns + 5,000 Gold: Receive 1,000 Crowns (premium currency) and 5,000 Gold (earnable currency), used to unlock new armor, weapon appearances and more!
If you’ve got a copy of Chivalry 2 already, you’ll find the new content rolling out to your machine right about now. If you don’t have it, pop over to the Xbox Store and nab that Xbox Series X|S version – it seems like a no-brainer. It’s on Steam too.